XXVii| Ocaso

Ocaso: Sunset

════ ⋆★ ⋆🇧🇷🇲🇨⋆ ★⋆ ════

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : Little Wonders

"Our lives are made in these small hours

these little wonders, These twists and turns of fate"

A King Charles Spaniel puppy bounced around the airport ground as it chased after the man who his mother claimed to be his father — the puppy thought the fluffy-haired man that was laughing seemed him fun to chase

The lead that was on the dog's harness dragged the puppy's owner behind him.  Lucky the puppy demanded her parents give her all the love in the world, even when they had prioritised for their careers that had to come first.

"Lucky!" Eilana Santos called. "Carlos, don't run so fast."

"Sorry!" Carlos replied with a laugh. "She's excited to go to Brazil!"

"I know but I don't want to get her all crazy before the twelve-hour flight," Eilana pointed out.

The summer break could not come fast enough for Eilana, who simply needed a break from all of the media and chaos despite loving the racing. Her life was demanding and the summer break provided that release.

The races leading up to the break had gone well and she was sitting just in front of Charles in the standing by a few points. They had no care where they sat because they knew the team was only small and they worked with getting them as many points for the team as possible, especially as Fred had explained how a few staff would be moving around next year.

Admittedly, Eilana had been surprised to hear her mother's boyfriend had an interest in joining them but she'd put it at the back of her mind. Instead, she and Carlos had decided to spend the break together, their first real time alone from the sport.

They'd stayed for a few days in Madrid as the summer break started so Eilana could properly meet Carlos' family — who were all lovely and she even played a game of golf with them. She'd taken her little puppy, Lucky, with them as Eilana wanted her over to Brazil with her.

She was heading to Rio with Carlos to spend nearly all of the summer break there. Since airlines weren't fond of dogs in business or first class, Eilana had been flying privately with her father nearly everywhere.

To Miguel, it didn't even faze him. He owned the jet and despite the cost of running it every year, he found it a lot easier to travel that way and get to Eilana's races in the safest way possible. He was meeting them at the airport, having done a meet and greet in Barcelona.

"You can still back out you know...before my avós harass you," Eilana teased, placing Lucy onto the plane for. "They believe that bringing someone home is a sign of honour."