ψυχ. 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡

Mental health is a term used to describe emotional, psychological, and social well-being

Mental health is a term used to describe emotional, psychological, and social well-being. The adaptability with which a person can deal with ordinary challenges is frequently used to assess their mental health.

Poor mental health is frequently mistaken for having a mental disorder. However, mental health refers to a person's overall mental health, regardless of whether they have a psychiatric disorder.

Mental health encompasses not just emotional well-being but also how individuals think and conduct. There are a number of different factors that have been discovered to influence mental health.

𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:
The ability to enjoy life is widely employed as a measure of mental health and well-being. It is often described as the extent to which a person enjoys and appreciates the most important aspects of their life.

The lack of illness, strong relationships, a sense of belonging, being engaged in work and leisure, a sense of success and pride, positive self-perceptions, a sense of autonomy, and sentiments of optimism have all been linked to higher levels of life satisfaction.

𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞:
The ability to bounce back from adversity has been referred to as resilience. People that are resilient believe in their abilities to cope with adversity and seek social help when necessary. Those that are more resilient are better equipped to not just deal with stress, but flourish in the face of it.

𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭:
Social support is essential for maintaining good mental health. Loneliness has been related to both physical and mental health difficulties, including cardiovascular illness, depression, memory problems, drug and alcohol abuse, and impaired brain function.

Decreases in social support as a result of life events such as attending college, enduring social difficulties, changing employment, or being divorced can be detrimental to mental health.

Fortunately, research reveals that the quality of your supporting relationships is more essential than the quantity of them.

𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲:
Having rigid expectations can sometimes cause additional stress. Emotional flexibility may be equally as crucial as cognitive flexibility. People that are mentally healthy experience a wide range of emotions and are free to express them. Some people suppress certain sensations because they believe they are inappropriate.

Some kinds of psychopathology have been related to a lack of psychological flexibility, whereas evidence shows that enhanced flexibility is associated with better life balance and resilience.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), about one in every five individuals in the United States encounters a mental health condition each year. There are several risk factors that might raise the possibility of a person experiencing poor mental health.