Chapter 8

Broppy movie date night...

Later that afternoon Branch got in his car and texted Poppy telling her he was coming.

Poppy looked at herself in the mirror she saw she had some bruises on her her arms, wrist, and thighs, she sighed she was scared of what Creek did and for a bit she was wondering if she should call it off today with Branch, but she didn't want to be there when Creek came back. Her phone went off and saw it was Branch she grabbed her bag and she was wearing a pretty yellow sundress and her hair was down as she ran outside seeing Branch waiting at the passenger door.

''Hey Branch.'' She smiles feeling happy.

''Hey Poppy ready to go?'' He asked kissing her she pushed him away looking around and got in.

Branch shut her door and got in and looked at her she was quiet but smiling and he had a feeling something was up. ''Sorry.''

''Its not that Branch its just what if someone saw you doing that it could get back to Creek.'' She said worried looking around.

''Nah who would, but anyway ready to go?'' He asked.

''Yes please step on it.'' She urged grabbing his arm.

He took off and they went to one of the theaters and they went in paid for the tickets, got popcorn and drinks and went to go see The Holiday.

While the movie was playing Branch and Poppy were watching and Branch placed his arm slowly around Poppy's shoulder as she leaned into his shoulder feeling happy and safe.

Half an hour in the couple looked at each other and Branch leaned over starting to give her a sweet quick kiss and pulls away, Poppy was shocked and was a bit annoyed he did that and left her wanting more, he had a smirk
on his face, and she grabbed his vest pulling him back into another but passionate kiss. They moaned quietly his hand went to the back of her neck rubbing her shoulder and the other ran down her chest to her knee squeezing it gently.

Poppy loved this and felt the sparks again she used both hands to hold his vest as they continued to makeout they were in the very back so nobody saw them and after a few minutes they pulled away slowly smiling, cuddling and holding hands as they watched the rest of the movie and made out here and there.

After the movie the couple came out laughing and talking.

''Yeah I can't believe she was still hung over Jasper I mean the guy did nothing for her and he was engaged.'' Branch said rolling his eyes.

''Yes but she was way into Miles as well so it was there slow but I'm happy they ended up together.'' Poppy smiles as they walk back to his car.

''But I'm glad Gram got the girl in the end.'' Branch said.

''Yeah and Amanda really loved him it was true love left and right.'' Poppy giggled.

''So where should we go for dinner tonight?'' He asked looking at her.

''I don't know I'm pretty hungry.'' She said.

Before he could answer his phone went off and saw a text from Hickory and looked at Poppy, how would you feel about going to the Stakehouse with me on a double date?'' He asked.

''Sure I love stake!'' She grinned.

''Great but are you sure? If you want it to be just you and me I'm fine with that.'' He said leaving the option opened

''Are you kidding me I'd love to do a double date!'' She said excitedly.

''Great!'' He kisses her cheek and texted Hickory.