Chapter 3

Chad, Jeremy and Brer Fox were at the base of Chick-a-Pin Hill, looking for any signs of a skunk.

Brer Fox was laying on the ground, sniffing under a bush.

"I jes' know he's down dare! My nose hairs is burnin" he said.

"What if it's not Brer Camembert? What if it's a dead body?" said Chad.

"It's probably Sis Newt" said Jeremy. "She was always a nosy little thing. She probably knew too much."

Brer Fox stood up. "A'ight. We needs ter gently lure 'im out an' coax 'im back in de woods."

Jeremy picked up a shovel. "Righto."

Now Chad was a little worried. "You're not going to hurt him, are you?"

"Why else would I use a shovel?" said Jeremy.

"Jes' don't get 'im angry" said Brer Fox. "You know wut happens when a skunk gets angry."

Just then, a skunk came running down the hill. It was Brer Camembert himself.

"Skunk!" Chad snapped. 

Brer Camembert lifted his tail and sprayed Brer Fox, then ran off before anyone could catch him. 

Meantime, Burt had his friends put on superhero costumes like his. 

"Okay. If we want Neil to believe this is a mountain full of superheroes, we have to wear these capes" he said.

Brer Rabbit put on a skintight blue suit with a green cape and mask.

Patty's suit was pink with a purple cape and mask.

Brer Bear's suit was yellow with a red cape and mask. 

"How does you tolerate diss material, Brer Burt?" said Brer Rabbit. "Diss is brutal!"

"As actors, we have to put up with anything" said Burt. 

He presented a list of things to do when Neil arrived. 

"Now. Here's some dos and don'ts for when Neil gets here" said Burt. "When you say yes, put a sir behind it."

"And also when you say no. Right?" Patty guessed.

"I don't know. I've never said that word to Neil" said Burt.

"Wow. He sounds like a human splinter" said Brer Bear.

"Now for some don'ts" said Burt. "Don't look down when you speak to him. He takes it as a sign of weakness. But don't look him in the eye either. He sees that as sass to the police."

"That's funny. Neil has the same rules as Brer Fox" said Patty. 

Just then, there came a knock on the Briar Patch door. 

"He's here. Quick, everybody. Be super" said Burt trying not to panic.