HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This highschool year has been fantastic and I can't wait for the next year.
This is probably the month I was waiting for over 18 years because it's my birthday month and I am going to turn 18.

Well none of my roommates are aware of the fact that it's my birthday soon , as I never found it necessary for them to know, and this year and well I won't be telling them as I am not planning to create an extra job for them to celebrate my birthday as I found it useless and it is also time and money consuming and also I can't forget the fact that our finals exams are near so all of us has to do our best.
But I really want to listen"happy birthday"from Kozumi this year.
Guess I have to stick to my usual routine like I did every year.

I ran to my room after lunch cuz all of us planned for some video games today and we probably won't be getting time for it anytime soon because exams sucks.
And soon as I was done with my lunch I rushed to my room only to find that Kozumi was nowhere to be seen.

"Hmm where is Kozumi" I asked to my other roommates who were ready with their laptops to play some games.

"He's out"Edwin answered

"Where's he?"

"Probably to meet a new girl"
I was shocked with this answer and also surprised,as he never meets anyone personally while delaying his friends.
It gave me a bad idea about their relationship.

"Oh, then shall we...."I felt my head spinning around and I wasn't able to move and speak the only thing I could hear was "what happened" "are you okay"and the voice belonged to Kratos and Edwin but I wanted to see Kozumi and hear his voice I wanted to see him worried bout me but he was not there.

After a while I finally gained myself back and replied "I'm good"

"Are you sure you would like to continue with the video game"Edwin showed his concern.

"I'll skip on that"and headed straight to my bed.
I was not able to grab a nap, every ticking second I was thinking of Kozumi where he was what's he doin, it's just that I can't get him out of my head no matter how hard I try and without realising I was in a deep slumber.
^⁠_⁠^

There's only a week left for my birthday and I am dying to turn eighteen, because everyone makes a big deal of it that I just can't get, so I am waiting to try it myself.
Our finals will end this week so it will give us a little freedom.

I heard the door clicking as soon knew who it was
"You're back?"

"Yes"Kozumi replied

"Where are others?"

"They're busy"

"Oh!"

"Aren't you satisfied to see me, or you are too scared to see me alone"
He was not wrong, by this time I was blushing and all red

"Go to hell"I tried to hide my feelings.

"Well, tried that. The devil said I misbehaved too much"

I didn't realise when but we were close and the silence took over, the voice of my breath echoed in the empty room, my feet unable to move, my brain was not
The silence broke when he spoke

"Do you hate me?"
His question broke my heart

"That's not possible"

"Good"
He walked away saying that.

(⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

It's my birthday, I've been waiting for this day for almost eighteen years, now I can do anything without anyone's permission I've have probably never been this happy before, it felt different and new.
But I still wanted to see Kozumi wishing me a happy birthday, which he never does and neither will.