Chapter 4 ~ Harbinger

CW: lots of swearing.
The theme continues through the whole story bc they swear like sailors (literally).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clang! Clang! Clang!

    A large wave causes the ship to lurch sideways, and my brain wakes up just in time to witness my body being jerked aggressively off the small wooden bed.

    Unfortunately my body doesn't wake up in time to react.

    With a screech, my back hits the floor with a loud thud, and I mutter a string of curses as the ship levels out again, leaving me disheveled, groggy, and confused. I struggle unceremoniously to throw the large blanket off my legs and back onto the bed, wishing it would've had railing on it like a child's crib.

    I hear barking laughter outside my cell.

    Clang! Clang! Clang!

    I whip my head around in the direction of the painfully loud banging. It's like someone's swinging a giant spoon at the cell bars, what the hell?

    The Reaper stands there, sporting a devilish grin as he continues cackling like a mad man.

    "Rise and shine darling!" He whistles low, "I thought the noise would wake you up, but I guess the ol' ship did huh? That was damn hilarious!"

    I shoot him a glare.

    "Oh what? Can't sleep forever princess, important stuff happens today!"

    "Shut up pirate."

    "Fine," He fake pouts at me, picking up the tray of food that I had failed to see. "No breakfast then, have fun starving!"

    I'm about to let him walk away, pissed off that he took it upon himself to wake me up, but im stopped in my tracks by my stomach growling so loud i'm sure The Reaper can hear it. Now that I think about it, I haven't eaten in over twenty-four hours. Damnnit

    "Wait." I call out as he turns his body to leave, a feline grin crawls its way up his features and he turns back around to face me. "Give me the food asshole."

    His smile falters but he recovers quickly. "So nice about it too? My my what a wonderful human you are." sitting cross legged down by the cell bars, he slides the tray under the metal door, sending the tray skittering across the mahogany wood and towards my bed, which I currently lay beside. I catch the tray before it slams into my thigh and spills.

    Observing the contents of the tray, I decide that it looks okay, not poisoned at least, and no funny smells. Cautiously, I begin to pick at the food with my hands, attempting not to scarf it down in record time.

    "Why are you down here?" I all but hiss at him, not looking up from my food.

  "To bring you food, duh?"

"No, why are you down here" This time I look up and throw him a questioning glare. "You seem to be of importance, why are you still down here bringing food to the prisoner?"

The man sighs, leaning back on his left palm. "It's boring up on deck, we still have a few days before we dock at Port Spire, and Mingi and Yunho are getting on my every last nerve."

"Who are they?"

  "Part of the crew, I would imagine you'll meet them soon, especially Mingi, Yunho might be more, what's the word? Weary... Anyways, one finds themselves with little to do these days, so I've taken it upon myself to be the overseer of your... survival, as they say."