Chapter 2

"Please have your passes out before your turn in line!"

I walk past the groups of mostly excited girls and flash my press pass to the security guard who lets me in with a small nod.

"Ok If I were Ashton King where would I be?" I mumble to myself walking past a few doors before sure enough I see one with his name on it.

Smooth Amaya if it had been a snake... I think to myself before knocking on the door. At first, I think no one's going to answer but then the door flies open almost hitting me in the process.

"Holy crap man!" I exclaim stepping back.

"Oh, sorry about that." A soft voice responds.

I look up, noticing I don't have to go very far. He's only about an inch taller than me and that could be just because of his hair...

"Uhh, hi Mr. King my name is Amaya Bryant. I'm a reporter for the L.A. Times. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions?"

"A reporter?" He asks, his eyes roaming down my body. I was going to kill Eric for convincing me to wear this damn outfit.

"Yeah." I say flashing my pass trying to ignore his piercing gaze.

"I don't talk to reporters but if you're interested in something else let me know." He smirks before slamming the door in my face.

Wow the voice of an angel and yet still an asshole. At least he's versatile...

The Next Day

"So, how'd it go?" Eric asks, walking up to my desk.

"How do you think?"

"Not as bad as your resting bitch face is making it."

"Well, you're wrong, guys a humongous douche..."

"And you know this how?"

"Because he almost hit me with the door, eye raped me, and then actually slammed the door in my face but not before insinuating that I could come back if I had other things in mind." I say putting up air quotes.

"That doesn't sound too bad."

"Eric shut your ass up!" I exclaim, making him sigh.

"Well just look at it like this one day down twenty-seven more to go.

"Yeah, I guess. Maybe it's time to change my tactics a little."

"Well, he's usually seen at that recording studio on Main Street. Try looking there first."

"Really thanks love!" I say grabbing my stuff.

"Hey, wait where are you going?"

"To the studio of course if Sasha asks tell her I found a lead."

"Fine but you owe me."

"Yeah, sure whatever!" I call back, making him laugh.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

When the Uber pulls up to the studio, I see a black G wagon parked outside hopefully that was him. I walk inside feeling confident until a voice stops me.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" This tall, brown-skinned dude asks walking up to me.

"Is Ashton King here?"

"Depends on who's asking."

"I didn't know recording studios had bouncers."

"Funny." The guy nods. I guess still waiting for me to answer.