𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊

Marriage nowadays isn't much a choice between either party, regardless of status and gender, being forced to love someone is forced onto everyone of higher status. This was one of the few times you envied the common folk, able to find love all on their lonesome and marry whom they want.

It was early in the morning, your mother had woken you from a night of poor rest considering you dreaded this day more then anything, a pit gradually forming in your stomach. Regardless of what you said or how you stalled your mother watched over you like a hawk, after all, she couldn't put her good graces with the queen to waste.

Especially if you were to marry her son, the prince.

That put you here, sitting in a carriage being escorted by someone of the Royal families choosing, a guard likely chosen with plenty of battle experience. After all, there was likely plenty of other noble families out there that would kill you to then replace you with their daughters.

You would rather that then this, though.

Your dress was tight and uncomfortable, you luckily didn't have to wear heels, that was certainly the only plus though.

You listened to the quiet muttering outside the carriage, moving a little curtain to the side and looking out to see what all was going on. People waved at you and to be nice you waved back before closing the curtain and sighing.

"we're passing through the gates." the guard state and bowed his head to you as you looked at him, "..right, no escape now." you frowned and crossed your arms as you waited for the carriage to come to a halt.

When it did, the Guard got out and held the door open. He announced your arrival and you couldn't help but cringe as you took his hand and stepped out, "so much for a quiet entry." you grumbled softly before looking at the guard.

"Go on, lead the way." you hummed and tilted your head, to which he nodded and began to lead you into the castle at a steady pace.

The guard stopped at one point, two other guards standing on either side of the door, you could only assume what room this was and shook her hands around a bit to release some nerves. The throne room was before you, and therefor so was the queen, and your soon to be fiancé.

The guard didn't seem to notice or care all too much and pushed the door open once the other two had given him the all clear. You gasped and stood still and faced ahead, walking forward with the guard until he broke off from you and bowed his head.

He announced your name and family once again, and you crossed your arms, easing up just a little as you bowed your head briefly before looking up to mean the sharp gaze of royalty.

The Queen, Ei, was as intimidating as ever, but it wasn't anything new, you had met the queen before and she knew all too well your rather fiery and crude personality.

Then you looked to her side, meeting the eyes of her son Scaramouche, his were sharp, judgmental, but oddly enough, incredibly beautiful. They were contrasted by the  lively red eyeliner along his eyes, though it didn't make him look any friendly..if anything it made it worse.