𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 (pt. 2)

₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊

It's been a month or two since the initial meeting between you and the Prince, and much to your dismay, Ei had made it rather public among common folk and nobles that the Prince had met his match.

And now there was supposed to be a ball held in order to celebrate, and neither you nor Scara would have a chance at skipping it. You were not going to act like a cheery engaged couple for sure, Scara wouldn't even let such a thought cross his mind.

Though, in all fairness, although neither of you would admit it to eachother or anyone else that, in all the times you've spent scheming or being forced to be around eachother, you two might've gotten just a little closer.

Thats what lead the two of you here, at the Ball celebrating your engagement, standing side by side accepting all the thanks the nobles could give. You weren't sure how much longer he could keep up the nice guy act, and you didn't know how much longer your smile would last.

Your stomach growled and Scara chuckled, "Too bad you can't sneak off to eat." he stated with snark in his tone before his stomach growled as well, making you laugh. "too bad you can't either~" you teased and nudged him.

You looked out onto the dancefloor, many couples dancing to the music with smiles and loving looks on their faces. Scara glanced over when you sighed and narrowed his eyes seeing your focus fixated on the dancefloor.

He thought for a moment before looking over as more people approached to give their congratulations, "Here, go pick out food for us." he hummed and smiled at you slightly, if not for the fact neither of you wanted to be here, you would have thought differently.

Then you saw his smile crumble as people stepped up, you chuckled and let go of his arm "well do." you hummed and walked away towards the table of snack foods, deserts and general party food.

You scanned over the foods and tilted your head, picking out a few finger foods and eat them before looking back at Scara to see him barely holding on by a string. You chuckled and grabbed a small plate and picked out a few random things before taking them over to him.

"Excuse us." you smiled at the people he was talking to and pulled him away by his arm, leaving them to watch the two of you make your way to the nearest exit onto a balcony. You'd used this little secret place a handful of times at these kinds of parties, since the door to the smaller balcony was covered by a curtain.

"Here, all yours." You hummed and let go of him and passed the plate off to him, he seemed a little surprised before sighing and leaning back against the railing and eating in the peace and quiet, "Thanks.." he grumbled.

"Well it didn't look like you'd last much longer talking." you hummed and leaned onto the railing and looked out onto the garden below, roses and various flowers in full bloom. "hm..do you think the gardener will kill me if i picked a few roses?" you inquired and leaned onto your hand.

He looked over his shoulder at the garden and shrugged, "You're the future queen, whatever problem he has, he can deal with on his own." he hummed and took a bite of his food and looked away again.