Arising: A Nova Sue Prequel Detailed Summary

A/N: Hey, y'all! Sorry, this isn't a new chapter. I decided for fun to write a detailed summary of each chapter in my stories just like you see on the TARDIS Wiki site for each individual episode. Also, I'm not entirely sure if there's a fan wiki sites out there, where fans can write detailed summaries of Doctor Who themed fanfics (I've seen a couple, but I don't know if they're legit), but if there is, it'd be cool if my fanfic made it on one of those sites. I'm not sure how to post my summaries on there (if those fan sites even exist), but if one of you wants to copy these summaries and post them onto the site, I would happily give you permission to do that, so long as you give me full credit as the original author of the overall series. I have also begun each summary with an iconic quote that sums up the entire chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Two Dangerous Words

"Sweetie... I'm pregnant." –River Song

River Song sits on a bench at her favorite spot on the Luna University campus, waiting for her husband, the Doctor, to arrive, feeling extremely nervous to tell him what she thinks to be the most dangerous secret, as well as the two most dangerous words, in the universe: I'm pregnant.

She had recently found out that she was pregnant when she had accidentally cut herself with the knife she was using to chop vegetables for a meal she was preparing for herself, and she was surprised to see that familiar golden glow of Regeneration Energy appear and heal her hand, which shouldn't have been possible, what with the fact that she had given up her Time Lord powers for the Doctor when she used them to resurrect him from the dead after she had poisoned him with lipstick laced with Judas Tree poison (See "Let's Kill Hitler"). She had also felt extremely sick over the last few weeks, which was another sign that she was, indeed, pregnant.

As she sits on the bench, waiting for her husband, she begins having second thoughts about telling him, as she believes that he may have mixed feelings about the pregnancy as well as the idea of raising a child that the whole universe (especially the Silence) may wish to take advantage of in the worst possible ways, especially with the baby being Time Lord. She thinks he would be thrilled to be a father again, but he would not approve to raise a child during the most dangerous time of his life and with so little time he might have left before his fate on Trenzalore (see "time of the Doctor").

As River thinks about all of this and thinks about going back to her apartment, the TARDIS arrives, indicating that it's too late to change her mind, and she enters the police box, deciding to just act casual and make sure to cover up her slight baby bump. The Doctor greets her warmly, and she returns the greeting as she settles in a chair across from the main console. After comparing diaries, and when asked by her husband where in Space-Time she would like to go to start her vacation from her professorial duties at Luna, River says she just wants to chill in the TARDIS with him, and he agrees, albeit suspiciously, as he's never known River to typically refuse an action-packed adventure; though he usually doesn't mind just "chilling" in the TARDIS with her either.

However, this time, River's behavior seemed a bit strange to him. As they share a passionate kiss, the Doctor asks about his wife's strange behavior, and she thinks about dismissing it as just tiredness from a busy year at the University, but she ultimately decides to reveal the truth, believing he has a right to know, as well as thinking he may just find out anyway, no matter how well she tries keeping the secret from him. After much persuasion, she finally tells him that she's pregnant.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2: A Second Chance

"I haven't been a father in so long. I never thought I'd ever be one again." –The Doctor