011 clubbing

Everyone is gathered on the terrace of our house for what my mother has dubbed "the last dinner with the guests." My father, as usual, is holding court, currently engrossed in a discussion about how training is going with Barça, outlining a few of his team plans.

"Well, I'm obviously pushing my guys to their limits," my father explains, his voice full of the authority that comes with years in the game. "I think working on a more muscular physique is underrated in this sport. A lot of team principles focus on endurance or technique—which are undoubtedly some of the most important factors in the game—but I find players profit off having a bigger physique. They're able to defend the ball and the goal better."

"We saw what you did to our Bayerns," Emil chimes in, laughing. "Lewandowski for one, and then, obviously, the insane 81% winning rate."

"The best team on the planet," my brother exclaims, and I nod in agreement. Both of us grew up in Munich, and naturally, we grew up with Bayern Munich. With our father having played for the team and football being so ingrained in the city's culture, it was inevitable.

In 2019, our father took on the manager role at FC Bayern München after leaving TSG Hoffenheim, the year I was born. Him coaching our childhood team only deepened our connection to Bayern. We even got to know some of the players, like Jamal Musiala. Being close in age, we bonded when he joined the team, and we're still quite close whenever he's in Munich for training.

"You said it," my father responds, smiling. "But the Barça boys are great too. I'm giving it my all. What's quite difficult is my approach to changing their style of play. Contrary to Barcelona's usual patient build-up, I prefer a quick and direct style of football, with more emphasis on getting the ball into the final third as clinically as possible to create high-scoring opportunities." I nod along, understanding his vision.

"Darling, I'm so proud of you," my mother says, her eyes sparkling as she leans over to kiss him on the cheek. "We all know you'll bring greatness to the team."

"Thank you, my love," he replies, looking at her with the same adoration. "Let's see how the individual training plans we've developed go. We're focusing on training each player individually, as well as in the team. Some of these guys have way more potential than they're currently showing. Take Gavi, for instance. Great boy, very fierce, and his heart beats for the team. It's incredible how fast he recovered from his injury."

Olivia nudges me under the table, and I smile down at my plate, terrified of drawing attention to my reaction. I hear Ben gulp next to me and keep my eyes on the salmon filet on my plate, carefully picking out the bones to keep my hands busy.

---

Later, as Olivia and I walk into my room, she can't help but tease me. "Your father seems to adore Gavi as much as you do," she nudges my side with a grin.

"Good sign, I guess," I laugh, pushing open the door to my closet. "I think we should match with our sequin skirts tonight."

"You're so right! Let's recreate the Les Caves du Roy outfits from last summer!" Olivia agrees, her eyes lighting up as she starts rifling through my clothes. I nod, pulling out a black tube top and matching sequin skirt. Olivia grabs the cream sequin skirt and white tube top from the side of my closet that I've cleared for her.

Once dressed, I grab my Chanel flap bag and kitten heels. "Uhhh, as for the bag, can I borrow your sequin Fendi baguette?" she asks.

"Sure, take it," I reply, handing it to her.

---

When we arrive at the club, the atmosphere is buzzing. "You made it!" Fermín exclaims, dabbing up Emil.

"Yayyy!" I laugh, moving to hug João before greeting the rest of the group. The smell of alcohol on João's breath and Fermín's energetic antics tell me they've been pre-drinking just like we have. I catch Gavi's eye across the group, and for once, he doesn't break eye contact. I can't help but grin as I notice the fierce look in his eyes, my mind flashing back to my father's words at dinner.

"Hey," I say softly, reaching out to hug him.

"Hey," he whispers back, pulling me close by the waist. His touch sends a shiver down my spine.

"Let's go inside," Marc says, taking charge as he leads us through the line. The bouncer quickly gives us our wristbands, and I thank him with a nod before falling in step beside Gavi.

"Hola, angel!" a voice calls out as a guy emerges from inside the club, coming up the stairs. "¿Por qué no me acompañas esta noche?" (Why don't you join me for the night?) His drunken smirk makes me wrinkle my nose in distaste.

"Soy buena sin—" (I'm good without—) I start, but Gavi cuts me off before I can finish.

"Aléjate de ella, ¿de acuerdo?" (Back off her, understood?) His tone is sharp, and he tightens his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I glance up at him, surprised by the intensity in his eyes. It's... hot.

"No sabía que tenías novia, Gavi. Qué chica tan bonita," (Didn't know you had a girlfriend, Gavi. What a pretty girl.) the guy says, still not getting the hint. He's a little too enthusiastic, and I can feel Gavi tense up beside me, ready to lunge at the guy if he takes another step closer.

Pedri steps in just in time, placing a calming hand on Gavi's shoulder. "Calm down, Pablo. He's a dipshit." The tension in Gavi's body visibly relaxes under Pedri's touch.

"Hey, let's go," I say softly, squeezing the hand Gavi has around my waist. The guy has already disappeared into the crowd, and our friends are waiting for us. Gavi nods and lets me lead him inside, but he pulls me close again as soon as we reach the lounge area.

"What is it with you today? So touchy and protective," I tease, leaning in to whisper in his ear.

"You just look gorgeous," he replies, his eyes burning into mine, "and you know what they say—you've got to claim what's yours."

"Yours?" I repeat, my lips curling into a smirk. "We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, do we?" I slip out of his grip, taking João's hand as he offers to help me up the steps into the lounge area. Gavi follows behind me, still wearing that smirk on his face.

Short chapter and sorry for not posting