36

I curl up in Vincent's lap, enveloped by the soft fabric of his oversized pajamas draped around my petite frame. His bare chest presses against my back, radiating warmth that seeps into my shivering body. I fiddle with a strand of his dark hair, twirling it around my finger, trying to distract myself from the anxiety gnawing at my insides.

Vincent nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck, his stubble grazing my sensitive skin. "My sweet, sick little angel," he murmurs, his breath hot against my ear. "I'm here to make it all better."

I tense as his lips trail feather-light kisses along my jawline. "Vincent, I... I don't feel well. Maybe we should-"

"Shh, don't worry about a thing, Samantha," he coos, tightening his arms around my waist. "Let me take care of you. Let me love you."

My heart races, a mix of fear and something else I can't quite pinpoint. "But what if you get sick too?"

Vincent chuckles, a low, rumbling sound that vibrates through his chest. "I'm invincible when it comes to you, my love. Nothing can keep me away from you."

He peppers more kisses along my neck, his lips lingering on the spot where my pulse throbs erratically. I shiver, but not from the fever.

"Vincent, please..." I whisper, my voice trembling.

He pulls back slightly, his piercing gaze locking with mine. "Please what, Samantha? Tell me what you need."

I swallow hard, my throat dry and scratchy. "I... I'm scared."

His eyes soften, a flicker of tenderness amidst the intensity. "Oh, my sweet girl. There's nothing to be afraid of. I'm here to protect you, to love you, to make all the bad things go away."

Vincent reaches for my left hand, bringing it to his lips. He kisses the diamond wedding ring adorning my finger, a symbol of our eternal bond. "You're mine, Samantha. Forever and always. In sickness and in health, remember?"

I nod weakly, the weight of his words settling heavy on my chest. "I remember."

He smiles, a predatory glint in his eyes. "Good girl. Now, let me show you how much I adore you."

Vincent resumes his assault on my neck, his kisses growing more fervent, more possessive. I gasp as his teeth graze my skin, marking me as his own.

"Vincent..." I breathe, my head spinning from the fever and his intoxicating touch.

"I know, baby. I know," he murmurs against my skin. "Just relax. Let me worship you."

His hands roam my body, slipping beneath the oversized pajama top. I arch into his touch, a mixture of fear and desire coursing through my veins.

"You're so beautiful, Samantha. So perfect. All mine," Vincent growls, his fingers dancing across my heated skin.

I whimper, torn between the urge to flee and the desire to surrender to his affections. "I... I don't know if I can..."

"Shh, don't overthink it, my love. Just feel. Feel how much I love you, how much I need you."

Vincent's lips crash against mine, stealing the air from my lungs. I melt into the kiss, my resistance crumbling under the weight of his passion.

He breaks the kiss, his forehead resting against mine. "I will always take care of you, Samantha. In every way possible. You're my entire world."

Tears prick the corners of my eyes, the intensity of his love overwhelming me. "I... I love you too, Vincent."

He smiles, a genuine, heartfelt smile that momentarily chases away the shadows in his eyes. "I know, baby. I know."

Vincent pulls me closer, cradling me against his chest like a precious treasure. I listen to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat, finding solace in his embrace despite the fear still lingering in the depths of my soul.

For now, in this moment, I allow myself to be lost in his love, his protection, his possession. Even as the fever rages through my body and the uncertainty of our future looms over us, I cling to the man who has become my everything, for