Happy almost death day

Today was Caroline birthday and we all had plans for her

Caroline walks into her house and puts her stuff down. All of a sudden Elena, Matt, and Bonnie and Chloe jump out with balloons, party hats, and a sign. They yell surprise.

Matt: Happy birthday! Caroline: What is this? Elena: Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so...

Elena takes off the crown she's wearing and put it on Caroline's head.

Bonnie: Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire..

Caroline: Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year.

Bonnie: I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year.

Caroline: Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year.

Elena: You're not stuck, Caroline.
Caroline: Yeah I am, but it's okay. You know, it's all good, I'll be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it.

Chloe thinks. Elena speaks up. Elena:Okay, well I think I have another idea.

We all go to the crypt. I walked inside. Elena: There it is!

Bonnie: This is creepy, even for us.
Elena: No, Caroline was right...technically, she's dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. You need to say goodbye to your old life, so that you can move on with your new one.

Chloe nods. "Agreed." Caroline smiles.

Caroline: Okay. "Here lies Caroline Forbes..."
Elena is putting candles on top of a birthday cake.

Elena: Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion...

"Best friend of the year control freak. And the worst shipper." Caroline smiles at Chloe.
Bonnie: Friend, daughter, overachiever...
Matt: Mean girl, sometimes, no offense.

Caroline: Ah, none taken.
Elena: She was 17, and she had a really good life. So rest in peace, so that she can move forward.

She walks up to Caroline, holding the cake in front of her.

Elena: That's what you really need. What we all really need. Chloe looks at the candles which lights up.  Elena: Nice! Okay, make a wish.

She holds the cake out to Caroline, who closes her eyes and makes a wish.

Chloe smiles at her best friend. Chloe cuts the cake and she eats her slice. Elena, Bonnie, Matt, and Caroline are eating the cake.

Matt takes the bottle of tequila from Bonnie, but Elena snatches it from his hand and drinks.

Elena: Ah-ah. I need it more than you do, trust me.  Elena drinks and looks over at Caroline. Elena:what are you doing?

Caroline: What? Nothing.
She stops texting, and holds her hands down in front of her, trying to hide the phone from them.