Chapter 1

Wendy Darling

"No, Tinkerbell, he will never change. He cannot be forgiven for his misdeeds," I screamed at the top of my voice. "I want to get out of here. I miss home. I miss my parents and brothers. And you will definitely help me escape from here. Otherwise I..."

"And you, what, Wendy?! What will you do now that I've lost my magic and my wings? How do you think I could help you escape Neverland without fairy dust?" Tinkerbell didn't owe me anything. She was also terribly angry.

Losing my patience, I sat down on Tinkerbell's soft bed, which was in a wooden house she had made herself. There was only a few pieces of furniture here. She cannot survive alone.

"You're a good-for-nothing fairy. When I met you, I thought you would be of more use than this," I crossed my arms over my chest.

Tinkerbell stood in front of me for a while, looking straight into my face, but the next moment she turned away and began to peer through a small opening in her little house.

"Peter won't let you leave here alive," the fairy, who was once as tiny as my thumb, spoke calmly now. And then her voice sounded like a bell. "You know that better than anyone here. It's not worth even trying."

"And I think the opposite. I think it's worth trying as many times as you can until you finally get it right. I have no idea what Peter wants. His time has long passed. Now is our time, when we must rise up against him, Tinkerbell." Standing up, I walked over to the golden-armed fairy, who had only been dressed in a green dress and shoes of the same color for her entire life. I took Tinkerbell's hand and looked intently into her eyes. "Don't say that you don't want to leave here yourself. You want to, right?"

"No matter where I go, I will feel like a stranger everywhere. At least I'm used to it here. And everyone is used to me," answered Tinkerbell quietly. "I can't leave here, Wendy. And I certainly won't help you. Seek help elsewhere. You may be much more successful in helping to persuade someone else. But not me."

"Okay, come on, don't be afraid. I will protect you. Peter Pan really isn't as scary as he makes it out to be," I continued to persuade her.

"He doesn't pretend to be scary, he is. He was never good. Well, maybe he was good when it was a little smaller than he is now. But it was so long ago that I almost don't remember it anymore," Tinkerbell continued to talk.

"Okay, please help me. We will get all the boys and other girls out of this hell hole. We'll give you back your magic. Just please, one last time, help me," I continued to persuade her.

Tinkerbell sighed and smiled.

"Well, okay, I'll help you. But if we get caught, so be it," Tinkerbell giggled. And again that soft and ear-pleasing ringing of bells. "We will never be friends again."