Chapter 7

Tinkerbell

When I left Wendy Darling at Nora's house, I didn't want to see that Wendy again. At least not now that she understood what I was really trying to get Nora off this island.

I had to get rid of that whip because I couldn't let Peter Pan fall in love with another one. He should have been with me. I was very close to being with him, but then Wendy showed up.

When I realized that Wendy wasn't an obstacle and that she was more attracted to Peter Pan than the earth is to the moon - which means that Wendy Darling isn't attracted to Peter Pan at all - I calmed down. However, many years later, he dared to bring another girl here, who called herself Tiger Lily.

By then I thought I was going to lose Peter for sure, but my heart was saved from beating for a few more years because that girl had absolutely no interest in Peter. And then, Nora Martinez arrived on the island, who loves Peter Pan even though she hates him, whom Peter Pan himself loves, protects and adores.

But I knew he wouldn't protect her for much longer.

"Tinkerbell," I heard a familiar soft voice, and I turned to see a small blue light in front of my eyes. It was the Blue Fairy. The very eldest of us all, a million fairies.

Why is she flying?

"What are you going to do?" she asked demandingly and looked at my hands. In them I still held tightly the small vial of bright red liquid that Blackbeard had given me.

I shrugged and put the bottle in the small leather pouch I always carried with me.

"Nothing, Blue Fairy. How did you get here?" I tried to change the subject.

She gently floated in the air and flapped her blue, transparent wings. I was extremely jealous that I could no longer fly myself.

"I came to check on you," she replied in a soft voice.

"Well, as you can see, I still can't fly and I'm still human-sized. Also this island still doesn't have any fairy dust and I only have Peter Pan to blame for all of that, but I can't complain too much because there are changes going on in Neverland that I didn't think would ever happen," I said, even though she didn't ask me any questions.

"I heard what was going on," answered Blue Fairy. "However, I can't help saying what I noticed. You still don't believe in yourself, you still don't believe that you can fly, that you still have magic in you. But in your jealousy of Nora Martinez, you blame Peter Pan for your lost wings and fairy dust. At least once in my life, I have to intercede for that boy, because you have only yourself to blame for the fact that you can't fly. And why do I blame you? Because you can't forgive yourself for what you once did to Peter Pan. And until you forgive yourself, until your eyes are darkened by envy and the desire for revenge, until then you will not be able to find the fairy dust that is still on this island and regain your faith, hope and wings," having finished preaching, the Blue Fairy came a little closer to me and whispered quietly: "Fairy dust only appears to the pure and innocent of heart. Only a being without any bad intentions can have them. That's why you don't find them."

I glared at the Blue Fairy as it flew away, still angry.

I stared at one point for a while and thought about what the Blue Fairy and the Chief Fairy of all had said.

Some part of me was affected by her speech, but then I remembered that I still had to get that Nora out of here who had ruined my friendship with Peter Pan. When I complete my plan, then I can be at peace, then I can think about self-forgiveness and look for fairy dust.