Chapter 6

Nora Martinez

After Peter Pan left me alone, I sat on my bed for a while trying to recover from all that I had seen in my flashbacks. But Peter was right. After he gave me back my memories, I felt like I would never be the same person I was before he gave them back to me. They have already made a big impact on me.

In my memories I saw that first night when I started dreaming about Peter Pan. When I woke up from the dream, I saw the silhouette of a boy standing next to my bed. When I turned on the night lamp, I saw him.

He said:

"Hello, Nora. I'm Peter Pan."

At that moment I looked at him with horror.

"How did you get here, Peter Pan?" I asked him at that moment and got out of bed.

He was silent, but behind him I saw the curtains fluttering in the wind. The window of my room was wide open. Then I realized that this is where he flew in through the window.

"I often dream of you, Peter," I admitted, grabbing his hand, and he looked at me a bit strangely. Frowned. Laughter seized me, so I chuckled. He didn't like it even more than me grabbing his arm.

"I know. All children dream of me," he answered and left. "I only visit those children whose parents don't love them."

"I know, Peter. I also know that my parents don't love me. They never hug me, never kiss me. They only scold me. Dad is drunk every day, and mom doesn't seem to see me," I told him and felt sad.

"I know everything about you, Nora, you can't tell me. I see what your parents are doing. I see all the parents who don't love their children," answered Peter Pan, and curled up on my soft bed. "That's why I'm taking them all to Never Land."

"Is it fun? What are you doing in Never Land?"

"We experience many adventures there and have fun every day. There are no parents there to explain what to do and what not to do. In that country, all children do whatever they want. We never grow up there."

"Can all children fly like you?"

"They can only use fairy dust, and I don't need that either. I am different from all children."

"Can I fly too?"

"If you want, I can teach you."

"Teach me, Peter. I want to fly. I want to travel to Neverland with you."

That night, he took me with him and I clung to him and flew with him. I didn't dare let him go for fear of falling to the ground and dying, but I trusted Peter Pan. I believed that he would not let me go. The speed at which we flew through the sky was insane. And even though I felt the endless pull of the earth, the magic in this boy's heart was stronger, making me feel so light.

For the first time in my life, I felt what birds feel when they fly.

Moments later, we both landed on Never Land. I felt an even stronger magic here than in Peter Pan's heart, and I liked the idea even more. Peter walked me around the island, held my hand, we flew around it together and he showed me all the beauty of this island.

From above, I could see every plant, every animal on this island, every boy frolicking and dancing around the campfire. I loved it here so I didn't want to leave, but Peter Pan convinced me that even though my parents didn't care about me, he knew they would still miss me and he had to bring me home.

Therefore, when I woke up in the morning, I thought that everything was just a dream. Peter Pan returning me home erased my memory of the night he first appeared to me in reality.