6- Driving Home the Consequences

The next day, Bluey sat alone on the bus, feeling the tension in the air. Every dog on the vehicle seemed to be avoiding her, refusing to meet her gaze or speak to her.

As Bluey stepped off the bus, she could feel the stares from her classmates. Everyone was talking in hushed whispers, and they would fall silent as soon as she came close.

When she walked into her first classroom, the atmosphere was eerily quiet. Her classmates sat in their desks, pretending to be engrossed in their work, but she could feel their eyes following her every move.

A classmate sitting next to her accidentally dropped their eraser. Bluey bent down and picked it up, intending to hand it back to them. But when she held it out, the classmate recoiled in fear, avoiding her gaze.

Bluey's heart sank. The classmate's reaction stung, and it only confirmed what she already knew – everyone was scared of her now. They thought she was a violent monster.

***

Lunch time rolled around, and Bluey found herself sitting alone at a table in the cafeteria. Her previous group of friends was nowhere to be found. They had turned their backs on her after the incident with Judo.

As Bluey sat alone, poking at her food with no appetite, Bo appeared beside her.

"Hey," he said quietly, taking a seat next to her.

Bluey looked up at him, surprised that he was talking to her. The other kids were sending dirty looks his way, probably wondering why he was hanging out with the "violent girl."

Bo seemed unbothered by the stares. He sat next to her, a small smile on his face.

"You okay?" he asked, genuine concern in his voice.

Bluey shook her head, no longer trying to hide her feelings. She was tired of pretending. "No," she said, her voice cracking a little. "I'm not okay. Everyone hates me."

Bo put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "That's not true," he said. "Not everyone hates you. I don't."

Bluey looked up at him, tears welling up in her eyes. "But you should," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I hurt Judo. I did something terrible, and I deserve to be hated."

Bo's expression softened. "You made a mistake," he said. "But that doesn't define who you are as a person. You're not violent or mean, you're a good person. You just had a moment of weakness, that's all."

"I ripped off her ear!"

Suddenly, a voice spoke up behind them. "You what?" Startled, Bluey turned and saw one of the teachers standing behind them. She looked horrified and furious at the same time. The teacher pointed a finger at Bluey and spoke in a stern voice. "You. Principal's office. Now."

***

Soon, she reached the door to the Principal's office. She took a deep breath, steeling herself, and knocked on the door.

A stern voice boomed from inside. "Come in."

Bluey pushed open the door and stepped inside. The Principal's office was a serious-looking room with a large desk in the center. The Principal sat behind the desk, looking at Bluey with a stern glare.

"Have a seat," the Principal said, gesturing to a chair in front of the desk.

Bluey sat down, her heart racing. She knew she was in trouble, and she had no idea how bad it was going to be.

The Principal leaned forward, resting his arms on the desk. "Now, I have some serious concerns that need to be addressed. It's come to my attention that you were involved in a violent altercation with a classmate. Is that correct?"