8- Lies and Love

Bingo was in her room, getting ready for school. She had just finished brushing her fur and was now standing in front of her mirror, contemplating what else she should do this morning.

 She had just finished brushing her fur and was now standing in front of her mirror, contemplating what else she should do this morning

Her mind began to wander, as it often did in moments of mundane routine. Her thoughts were interrupted, however, by a knock on her bedroom door.

"Bingo? Sweetie, are you ready for school yet?" a familiar voice called from the other side of the door.

Bingo smiled. It was her mum, Chilli. She quickly put on a schoolbag and opened the door.

"Yep, Mum, I'm all set!" she said, stepping out of her bedroom and into the hallway.

Chilli was standing there, sipping a cup of coffee. She smiled as she saw Bingo. "Good morning, my little angel," she said warmly. "You look all ready to go."

Bingo had been about to leave, but the sight of her older sister, Bluey, stopped her dead in her tracks. She was surprised to see that Bluey was holding a... muzzle? A big, black one, in fact.

"Bluey...?" Bingo asked, her voice filled with confusion. "Why do you have that?" She pointed at the device in her sister's hands.

Bluey looked a bit embarrassed as she glanced down at the muzzle. "Oh, uh... I got in trouble at school," she mumbled, not meeting Bingo's eyes.

Bingo's confusion grew. She couldn't believe that her sister had gotten into enough trouble to warrant both a suspension and a muzzle.

"But... but what did you do?" she asked, her brows furrowing in concern.

Bluey's expression hardened slightly, and she avoided looking straight at Bingo. "It's... it's nothing, Bingo," she said, her voice a little sharper than usual. "Don't worry about it, okay?"

Bingo decided not to press the issue further, even though she was worried about her sister. She didn't want to upset Bluey any more than she already was. So instead, Bingo went to her own bus stop, where her friends were already waiting.

As Bingo approached her friends, they all looked up and greeted her warmly. There was Lila Maltese, Banjo Mutt, Dusty Kelpie, Lulu Jack Russel, and Fang American Staffordshire Terrier.

"Hey, Bingo!" Fang called out with a wave. "Excited for school?" Lila asked.

Bingo's cheeks flushed slightly. She had a huge crush on Fang and she had known that for a while. But when she heard Lila's friendly and cheerful voice, Bingo couldn't help but feel a flutter in her heart.

"Y-yeah, I am," she said, trying to hide her blush.

Inside her mind, Bingo was completely baffled. Why on earth was she blushing to the sound of Lila's voice? Sure, Lila was friendly and nice, but that didn't explain why Bingo's heart rate suddenly increased when she heard her speak.