The Call For The Shadow Shard P2

"Alright, 10-minute break's up! I'll fill your boxes, and no peeking," Barbie said as she re-entered the kitchen with a fresh burst of energy. She wore a playful yet serious expression as she continued, "Remember, Roxy has 18 points, and you, Skip, my sister, have 16 points. Do your best not to flinch, Skipper. But both of you concentrate on not plugging your noses. The person who plugs their nose first is the one who loses the game."
"We know, Barbie," Skipper replied, feeling the thrill of the competition.
"And I have to use my powers to get the scent to illustrate the dish for me in my mind," Roxy added confidently."Good, you remembered, Roxy," Barbie said with a beautiful endearing smile, clearly pleased with her friend's determination.Barbie then put two bowls of freshly steamed broccoli into the open sides of the boxes, quietly removing their Tupperware lids. As the strong, earthy aroma wafted through the tiny holes at the top of the boxes, Barbie remarked, "Many kids here in our country hate this vegetable to a T, but I don't have a clue why," she added, purposely trying to confuse them.
"Ugh, broccoli?" Skipper thought, a shiver running down her spine at the scent. The smell of the vegetables brought back memories of her childhood, and not all of them were pleasant.
"Round 7 begins! Lean over and use those sniffers, and if you guess correctly based on your sense of smell alone, you win the round and 3 points. Whoever flinches while guessing correctly only gets 2 points instead of the original 3. Good luck, and try to tune out my food commentary!" Barbie concluded, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes as she stepped back.
Skipper's Reaction:
Skipper leaned closer to the opening of her box, attempting to gather her thoughts. The smell was strong and distinctive, but she had always been a bit wary of broccoli. She felt a wave of hesitation as she considered the scent. "Okay, just breathe," she whispered to herself, forcing herself to stay steady. "It's just a vegetable. You can do this!"
She concentrated harder, focusing on the aroma and the memories associated with it. "I think it's... broccoli!" she finally shouted, feeling a mix of relief and anxiety about her response.

Roxy's Reaction:
Roxy leaned in eagerly, embracing the challenge. The earthy scent was familiar and somewhat comforting to her. "It smells old and ancient, like the ships that sailed across the sea," Roxy mused, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "It also has a fresh hint of open air, like a perfect summer day. Ah, I love this smell! It's steamed broccoli. Where I live right now is where it was cultivated in Italy. Did you know broccoli's only been used in the United States for almost 100 years? It was first imported back in 1920!"
Skipper gasped at the deluge of Roxy's extra information about the plate of vegetables sitting underneath her box. She facepalmed herself and said, "Here I was thinking I knew everything!"
"That's not everything you don't know, Skipper," Stacey chimed in from the side. "Did you know dogs get gassy when they eat broccoli florets?"
"STACEY!" Skipper exclaimed her eyes wide with shock. "You're trying to make me feel encouraged to plug my nose, little sister!"
"No, honest, I am not," Stacey said with a playful grin, slipping around the corner with a wink.
"Was that a tease or not?" Roxy asked, smirking at the playful banter.
"Hon, it's always a tease in our family. I want you to win; this is about strengthening your Fairy of Animal's mental powers, or Barbie wouldn't have literally cooked this game up for us at all," Skipper explained, trying to steer the focus back to the competition.The atmosphere lightened with laughter and teasing, reinforcing the bond between the sisters and their friend. As they prepared for the next round, Skipper felt a mixture of determination to overcome the challenge and amusement at the ongoing family antics, while Roxy stayed focused and ready for whatever came next. Roxy had 21 points and Skipper had 19 points now.

As the laughter faded and the excitement built, Barbie prepared for the next round. "Alright, time for Round 8!" she declared, her voice filled with enthusiasm. With a swift motion, she replaced the bowls of steamed broccoli with bowls of Brussels sprouts, just taken straight from the cooking pot.
Once the bowls were carefully slid inside the competitors' boxes, Barbie quietly removed the Tupperware lids. The moment she did, a very fresh, painty smell wafted through the tiny holes at the top of the boxes, filling the air with a distinctive aroma.
"Round 8 begins now. This might take a while; it could be potentially tricky," Barbie remarked, her eyes gleaming with mischief as she watched Skipper and Roxy lean in closer, trying to identify the unfamiliar scent.