Shubman Gill

फ़िदा हूँ मैं तो एक नज़र, बस एक नज़र 🩰🎀🧿

A man was peacefully asleep on the right side of the bed, with the blanket nestled between his legs. His eyes half-opened as he observed a figure moving nervously from one end of the room to the other. Just as Ishaan drifted back to sleep, he suddenly remembered his friend Shubman beside him, leading him to question the man's identity before him. Startled, he exclaimed, "WHO IS IT?!" Soon, he realized his friend was under stress from the previous night. Ishaan, relieved, stood up and humorously remarked, "Bro, you scared the heck out of me."

The radiant presence of Shubh dimmed, similar to how dark clouds mask the sun, all due to the previous night's events. While brushing his teeth, Ishaan inquired, "Are you still dwelling on that incident? I believe it was just a chance to happen. Perhaps she -" "No, it can't be a coincidence. She was always the most astute one back in school. She is always purposeful in her actions; there is always intent." "But what if she -"Don't let your imagination run wild, Ishu." Ishaan grabbed the breakfast room service menu and perused it. Meanwhile, Shubh swiftly took the menu from his hands and responded. "I am not being unrealistic this time. Just consider, why would she select this hotel. There are plenty of luxury hotels around. Why did she coincidentally emerge as I was heading to the reception? Coincidence? Not."

Shubman stood up and walked over to the wardrobe, retrieving his second phone used for confidential messages and calls, as it is untraceable and secure. He sent a message to someone.

"Who are you texting?" Ishaan questioned.

"Someone who was already aware of the plan - Agastya, Sara's younger brother," Shubman replied. "Shubh, we shouldn't do this. It's an invasion of privacy, and besides, you don't even like her, right?" "I don't, but it's just for my safety," Shubman justified. "You're lying. You need to learn how to deceive, Shubh. I manipulate, I don't get manipulated."

Shubh expressed irritably, "She isn't even a close friend of mine, so why would I have feelings for her?" Ishaan responded, "I understand that you don't have feelings for her." Shubman was directed to sit on the sofa by Ishaan, who continued, "During our practice years, when you were thirteen and she was twelve, she came to watch you play exceptionally well with Sachin sir. You also pursued photography and took just one picture of her, which you still have." Taking Shubman's phone, Ishaan showed him the lock screen displaying her picture. Shubman was reminded of his actions and thoughts.

Ishaan questioned Shubman, who was deep in contemplation, about their friendship and requested him to always remain by his side. Shubman, touched by the conversation, acknowledged that his friend had helped him realize his true feelings. Ishaan probed, "Do you still have feelings for her?" Shubman responded, "I'm not sure. Perhaps she's just a childhood crush. We hardly speak now, so I don't feel the same way anymore." Ishaan jokingly threatened to slap him, but before he could, a knock interrupted their conversation.

~~~

NOTE: Hello everyone! I trust you're all doing great. Let's embark on a new journey with a fresh chapter in the story. The initial break is now behind us, and I will be releasing new chapters every Wednesday and Saturday. Stay tuned as I have several book options in mind. Enjoy this chapter to the fullest. A quick note: all information shared is fictional, not real. Thank you for the love and support 🧿. Follow us on Instagram for the latest updates and chapter reminders [Link in bio].