ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 " ᴍᴏᴏɴʟɪᴛ ᴡᴀʟᴋꜱ"

♥༻∞ ʜᴀɴ ᴊɪꜱᴜɴɢ ∞༺♥

∞ ʜᴀɴ ᴊɪᴜɴɢ ∞

I awoke abruptly, my eyes snapping open as a sharp intake of breath filled the still silence of my room. In a moment of disorientation, I sat up, heart racing as I scanned the dim outlines of familiar objects shrouded in the soft predawn light. The dream clung to me with unsettling clarity, its vivid imagery and intense emotions bleeding into the reality of my bedroom.

I rubbed my hands together, trying to dispel the persistent tingling sensation that lingered like the aftereffect of an electric shock. It was a physical manifestation of the dream's intensity, a bizarre reminder of the surreal encounter that had felt every bit as tangible as the bed I now sat upon.

Compelled by a need to escape the unsettling remnants of the dream, I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my movements quick and jittery. But my haste betrayed me; I lost my balance and tumbled to the floor with a thud, the impact jarring me further. I lay there for a moment, groaning, caught between the frustration of the fall and the lingering traces of the dream.

"This must be some kind of curse," I murmured to myself, the words escaping in a whisper filled with exasperation and confusion. The images from the dream replayed in my mind like a looped film—the panoramic view of the city under sunset, the laughter shared on a backdrop of twinkling city lights, and most vividly, the face of the stranger I had met. His name reverberated in my head, echoing like a sacred incantation, soothing yet inexplicable.

Slowly, I picked myself up from the floor, the room spinning slightly as I stood. The warmth that spread through me at the mere thought of his name was disconcerting yet profoundly comforting. It was as if his essence had somehow transcended the boundaries of mere dreamscapes to imprint upon my waking self, offering peace and an inexplicable sense of kinship.

As I steadied myself, leaning against the wall for support, I couldn't shake the notion that this dream was more than just a random firing of neurons. The emotional resonance his name invoked was too distinct, too poignant to dismiss as mere subconscious meanderings. With a deep, steadying breath, I resolved to hold onto the memory, to cherish the name that had brought such unexpected solace.

"Hannie—come on," Changbin's voice rang out, prompting me to rub my face again in an effort to clear the lingering fog of sleep. I trudged toward the kitchen, drawn by the inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

As I entered, I spotted Felix and Changbin bustling around the space, the morning light casting long shadows behind them. Felix, noticing my approach, handed me a cup of steaming coffee, which I accepted gratefully, the warmth of the mug comforting against my palms.

"I need to take my house keys from you guys," I mumbled, my irritation bubbling up as I remembered the disrupted sleep. "You keep interrupting my sleep."

"We didn't—you asked us to come last night," Felix replied, his expression shifting to confusion. I frowned, the realization slowly dawning on me amid the remnants of sleep and the sharp scent of coffee.