ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: " ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ"

♥༻∞ ʜᴀɴ ᴊɪꜱᴜɴɢ ∞༺♥

∞ ʜᴀɴ ᴊɪᴜɴɢ ∞

ONE WEEK LATER

As I sat before my laptop, reviewing the final details for the evening, the weight of the moment settled over me with a mixture of excitement and nervous anticipation. The plan was set for Changdeokgung Palace's secret garden, a place that resonated deeply with both of us, where Minho had once said he felt most free and at peace. It was there, amid the serene beauty and whispered history of the garden, that I intended to ask him to join me in a committed partnership.

The garden would be adorned subtly yet beautifully, with strings of lights weaving through the trees, creating a canopy of stars above. Tables would be set with roses in shades of white and red, their colors a symbol of the passion and purity of our love. Every detail was crafted to reflect the depth of my feelings for him, to show him just how much he meant to me.

This wasn't just about making a grand romantic gesture; it was about affirming our relationship in a way that felt true to the depth of what we had grown into together. While proposing marriage might have been too swift a step at this juncture, I wanted to lay the foundation for a future that I increasingly saw as intertwined with his. I wanted to ask him to be my partner for life—to grow, learn, and possibly one day, choose to spend the rest of our lives together.

The past week had been a whirlwind. Work had consumed me, and I knew Minho felt the distance keenly. His messages had been tinged with longing and a touch of insecurity about my busy schedule, which only deepened my resolve to make this moment as special as possible. I understood his feelings; it mirrored the clinginess he perceived in himself. But to me, it was just another reminder of how deeply our lives were connected, how much we relied on each other for emotional support.

Sending the final confirmation email to the event planner, I closed my laptop and leaned back in my chair, allowing myself a moment to envision the night ahead. I pictured Minho's reaction—the surprise, the joy, perhaps even tears. I could almost hear his laugh, see his smile, the way his eyes would light up when he realized what I was asking.

This was more than a commitment; it was a promise to face the future together, to build a life that would be as beautiful and complex as the dreams that had first brought us together. I knew in my heart that Minho was the one person with whom I wanted to share all my tomorrows, the one who had brought light into my life and unlocked the softest parts of my soul.

As I unlocked my phone, the message from Minho illuminated the screen, bringing an immediate smile to my face. His words, always thoughtful and filled with affection, reminded me just how deeply connected we were, even when life's obligations pulled us into different directions.

"Hey, just thinking about you and hoping your day is going well. I know you've been swamped with work, but I just wanted to tell you that I miss you. Can't wait to see you later. ☺️"