ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19: "ɴᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ"

♥༻∞ Lee Minho ∞༺♥

∞ Lee Minho ∞

months had drifted by since Jisung had left for his unexpected military service, a fact that only became clear to me after he had gone, leaving behind an echo of silence in his absence. Despite understanding the nature of his departure, the void felt overwhelming, with no calls, no messages—no form of contact at all. The uncertainty of his safety and the abruptness of his departure left me grappling with a mixture of fear, loneliness, and unresolved emotions.

Physically, I hadn't been feeling right either. Initially, I attributed the nausea, exhaustion, and disorienting mix of sensations to stress and anxiety caused by his sudden absence. The routines we had shared were disrupted, and every corner of our apartment reminded me of him, intensifying the feeling of his absence.

Lying in bed, a heavy sigh escaped me as I clutched the thermometer. The past few months had been a strain, not just emotionally but physically too. Though Felix, Chan, and Hyunjin had been incredible supports, visiting often and filling the quiet of the apartment with friendly banter and laughter, their absence today was keenly felt. The apartment was too quiet without them, too big and too empty.

The symptoms had only gotten worse—nausea, fatigue, a constant heaviness that seemed to pull at my limbs. Today felt particularly tough, my head weighed down as if filled with lead. I knew these weren't just symptoms of stress or loneliness; something was off, and deep down, I feared what it might mean.

I could hear Felix's familiar shuffle through the door, his presence a slight relief in the oppressive silence of the apartment. Despite the comfort his arrival brought, there was a part of me that didn't want to burden him or the others with how rough I was feeling, how disconnected and adrift the lack of contact with Jisung made me.

"Hey," Felix called out gently, probably noticing my discomfort from the doorway. "You don't look so good, Minho. Everything okay?"

I managed a weak smile, setting the thermometer aside. "Just one of those days, I guess," I replied, trying to sound more upbeat than I felt. "Missed you guys."

He approached and sat at the edge of the bed, his concern palpable. "You know you can tell us anything, right? If it's more than just 'one of those days', we're here for you."

It was hard to articulate, the mix of physical malaise and emotional turmoil. Knowing Jisung was out there, probably thinking of me but unable to reach out, was a constant ache—an absence felt more acutely with each passing day.

"I know, and I appreciate it," I said, my voice low. "It's just hard without him. Every day I hope there'll be a letter, a sign, anything... But it's always silence."

Felix nodded, his expression softening. "He misses you too, Minho. It's just the nature of his service. But he'll be back, you know that. And we'll get through this together."