Chapter Two: Killing Strangers

"Nice hair, faggot!"

A chorus of laughter erupted from around Jeordie, circling him, permeating him, stabbing him over and over just like the punches and kicks that made his head and ribs throb. But the throes of laughter were so much worse--

He woke up suddenly in a cold sweat, chest heaving. He caught his breath gradually and found that his hands were painfully twisted into the sheets. He slowly let go, feeling his knuckles creak in protest. He looked to his left, where his mirror sat near the bed. It was dark, but he could just make out the outline of his head. No dreadlocks.

I'm not a freak. Not anymore.

~*~*~

Brian yawned as he walked into Biology. The classroom was empty, as usual. The little boy walked in not too long later, and Brian's eyes followed him. Jeordie sat in his front row seat, and put his head down on his desk. Brian scoffed and resumed his usual position, which was prime for staring.

After he had caught that taboo blush, he couldn't help but stare curiously at the boy, whose name he found out was Jeordie. He still called him "the little boy" in his head, though. They only had one class together, but it's the beginning of the year, so he could probably change that...

Brian caught himself. Why would I think that? Do I really want to share classes with him?

As Jeordie turned around to look at someone coming in, Brian was treated with quite a sight. The little boy Jeordie had bad dark circles that he clumsily tried to cover up with foundation that was too dark for him. He probably stole it from his mother...

Interesting.