Chapter Four: Mister Superstar

Oh, how badly Jeordie wanted to talk to Brian. But they were worlds apart! He sat in the front, and Brian sat in the back. He was trying to assimilate, but Brian didn't care what people thought. Brian got bullied. Jeordie didn't.

He couldn't risk talking to someone who was so far away... and yet he felt so close. Plus he's hot. No, wait. I'm not gay. I can't say that.

Oh, how Brian longed to follow Jeordie home one day. After all, he's shown obvious interest, but he's just too shy and scared to act on it at school. And it's not like I have anywhere to go afterschool, so I might as well.

~*~*~

The final bell rang, and Brian rushed out to the back gate where Jeordie always exited. He saw the little boy's slight figure stumbling out into the sun with a childish grace, and struggled to bite back a grin.

It was child's play to follow him home, since he lived close enough to walk. Jeordie was carefree and oblivious as he walked. He had his headphones in, and he seemed to trust the world enough to not look around for danger constantly. Brian, however, was familiar with the dangers of the streets, even in the day, and was constantly on guard.

After a mere ten minutes of walking, they arrived at Jeordie's house. It seemed pretty nice, actually. He was a hell of a lot more privileged than Brian.

Brian snuck around the side of the house as Jeordie went in. He heard several doors slamming from inside, the pounding of feet on stairs, and then silence. His parents probably weren't home. Perfect.

He lay in wait for a clue for a while, until suddenly, a window opened above him. Jeordie stuck his head out... but was that really him?

Jeordie was wearing thick eyeliner and a bright pink star wars shirt. He lit a cigarette and sat leaning against the window box smoking it. He smokes? And wears eyeliner? And likes pink? Brian had never noticed how nice his hands were until he saw the delicate but firm way that Jeordie held his slim cigarette. His hands looked sculpted.

He stared from behind the bushes until Jeordie was done. When he went back into his room, he didn't close the window. Brian grinned wider.

He went up the fire escape ladder and poked his head into the window opening. Jeordie wasn't in his room. He had probably gone to the bathroom. Brian climbed in and sat on Jeordie's bed. It smelled like chamomile and... hibiscus.

The walls and shelves were covered with Star Wars memorabilia and posters. He had a little television in the corner that looked broken. Clothes littered the floor. Besides t-shirts and jeans, there were also dresses. Maybe he has a sister? Brian picked one up and smelled it. Chamomile. Maybe he has a girlfriend? The thought made him sad, and a little bit jealous. He threw down the dress. There were also tights, and a few really cool pairs of platform boots.

The door opened.

Brian grinned.

Jeordie screamed.