Chapter - 5

Hyun-ji couldn't do anything but just kept staring at her disappearing figure. She was totally confused about what hurted her that eyes were filled were range yet a different type of pain was visible in her eyes. And the thing that tangled Hyun-ji's mind was it was the first time that she witnessed emotion in those empty eye. Instead of having her breakfast she decided to go and talk to Ji-ahn she was even ready to apologise if she hurted her. Hyun-ji stood up from her bench sliding her tiffin box aside and took her steps towards the door. But unfortunate her as soon as she stepped out of her classroom bell rang indicating that break time was now over. She again went into her classroom and sat on her bench her eyes wondering for her benchmate. While the other students starting rushing into the classroom and at last the Professor came. "Good morning professor." The students stood up in an act of respect towards their professor. "Good everyone. Please have your seats." The professor said with a slight smile on his face. "So open your chemistry books students." Loud sighs were heard through the whole class as students started taking out their books lazily. "Come on you'll just had your breakfast don't be so lazy you might have got charged up. So be active." While Ji-ahn who was sitting on a bench in the play ground while clutching on the bench on which she settled herself her eyes still filled with range as flashback of her past started flashing in her mind her eyes slowy stared getting teary when she sensed someone knocking on her shoulder. "Excuse me?" A polite yet concern voice peirced her ears. She turned back only to face the Principal of their university. She stood up while greeting the principal "Good morning ma'am." "Good morning. Principal passed her slight smile then asked "What are you doing here? It's time for lectures." "Actually I was feeling a little suffocated so I just came here to jave some fresh air." Hyun-ji said while looking down. "Are you okay? You want to go home? Or you can just take some rest in rest room." Ji-ahn just nodded her head "No I'm feeling fine now. I'll go to my classroom. Thank you." Hyun-ji bowed her head towards the principal and took her steps towards her classroom. While principal was still smiling because of Ji-ahn's respect towards her. Ji-ahn was the student to her who bowed infront of her in act of respect. Principal knew about Ji-ahn that she was an orphan (obviously cause she gave her addmission in that university) which made her more concern about Ji-ahn. While Hyun-ji was tensed up because she knew Ji-ahn was new here and she very well knew about her university bullies too. As professor started teaching she tried to divert her mind but all in vain. Again and again her mind was thinking about her and her dangerous eyes kept flashing over her mind. It was the first time that Hyun-ji was thinking about someone way too much. After sometime bell was heard. And students sighed in relief. "Okay class we'll continue tomorrow." Professor started collecting his belongings and left from there.
As professor left from there Ji-ahn entered in the classroom grabbing other students attention include Hyun-ji. She could feel the whole class's gaze at her but she didn't gave a damn about it and straightly went to her bench and settled herself. And now Hyun-ji stared to think of some excuse to start a conversation with her. "Where were...you?" Ji-ahn jsut lifted her head looked st Hyun-ji who was already looking at her and then again looked away. While Hyun-ji was still looking at her hoping for an answer which she didn't got. Hyun-ji sighed and shifted her gaze towards her notebook when an idea popped into her mind. "Listen can you please help me with this question?" Hyun-ji looked at Ji-ahn who averted her gaze directly towards the notebook without looking at Hyun-ji. "It's there in the textbook only search for it." Hyun-ji's hope shattered hearing her cold voice. "I searched for it but I didn't got..." At this point Ji-ahn sighed and slided Hyun-ji's book towards herself and started to look for the answer. While Hyun-ji kept looking at her busy benchmate from the side angle. Ji-ahn marked some points and directly looked at Hyun-ji at which Hyun-ji startled because of Ji-ahn's serious gaze at her. "Here." Ji-ahn was about to slide Hyun-ji's book back to her when Hyun-ji interrupted "You want previous lecture's note?" Hyun-ji asked with a nervous voice. As Ji-ahn's actions were unpredictable to her. She waited for an answer while looking at her. "I'll make it by myself." With a straight voice. Hyun-ji was now tired and a little frustrated too. Her actions, her voice, her unreadable expressions and most importantly her empty eyes. All these things about her were making Hyun-ji frustrated and curious at the same time. She wanted to know why she is like this different from others. What made her like this so non-reactant, calm, quite and still. Hyun-ji stared to see her as a mystery. As time passed by the last bell rang indicating that it was now time for students to leave. Everyone started collecting their belongings and started leaving while Hyun-ji seem to be hesitant about something. As Ji-ahn collected her belongings and was about to zip her bag up Hyun-ji kept a small piece of paper on her bag without looking at her and left from there leaving Ji-ahn dumbfounded. Ji-ahn took the paper in her hand and flipped it backwards only to see Hyun-ji's apology Hyun-ji just wrote 'I'm really sorry if I hurted you back then. And I find you uncommunicative so I just wrote it and can we be friends if you're comfortable?' on that piece of paper after reading which Ji-ahn recalled all the things and understood that she was trying to start a conversation with her after the incident. Ji-ahn folded that paper and kept it in her pants pocket securely and left from there.
____________________________________

The next day

After entering in the University Hyun-ji again started to look for Ji-ahn even tho she didn't hoped for a positive response from her still didn't wanted to left a chance. As Hyun-ji's eyes were wondering for Ji-ahn someone tapped on her shoulder Hyun-ji turned back to only see Ji-ahn standing infront of her. Hyun-ji was really astonished so see her standing there. As Hyun-ji was looking at her with a little questionable face Ji-ahn extended her one hand towards Hyun-ji and grabbed her wrist from the other hand and kept a piece of paper in her palm. Looked at her for a few seconds and then went from there. Hyun-ji was processing all the things which happened just now. And then averted her gaze towards her palm in which a piece a paper was there. She wasn't sure if Ji-ahn wants to be friends with her or she will refuse her with the way which was a little too rude. She hesitantly unfolded the paper on which Ji-ahn wrote.........