chapter- 2

3 monts later

"I love you so much, I would've really married you if you were a boy". Her friend was just starting at her with empty eyes and passed her a dull smile while admiring her cute expressions and the way she stated that. "I'm so happy we are having combined lecture after the break". "What makes you so exited about it we have atleast one combined lecture everyday?". "Everything about you exites me, I just simply feel so happy with you and I feel so safe around you, you know". As bell rang both got interrupted and Hyun-ji stuffed the last bite of her meal in her mouth hurriedly and stood up grabbing her mobile phone in one hand and her other hand reached to her friend. She grabbed her friend's wrist and rushed out of the cafeteria in hurry.
____________________________________
Both reached their class and settled down themselves. "Oh man shitt. You completed your assignment!?". Her friend just looked at her and then turned the other side, took her bag on her lap and started to search for something soon she removed a bunch of papers. Keeping her bag aside she started removing the stapled pin from her assignment carefully and removed the front page on which her name and other details were written. And she successfully removed the front page with ruining the rest she attached a new fresh sheet and wrote Hyun-ji's name and her other details and handed it to her while Hyun-ji was processing all her actions dumbfounded. "Good morning professor~~~~~". Everyone stood up greeting their professor in an act of respect. "Good morning everyone please take your seats". While settling himself on a chair. " Sir assignments" a pitched voice came from the corner of the room while some students glared at her and the rest were neutral as their work was completed. "Oh yeah I forgot about it, thanks for reminding me about it". The professor then started calling out their numbers "9" a boy stood up hesitantly. "Assignments?". "Aghh S-sir I actually forgot it at home". "You might have even forgot to have your breakfast too? Am I right?" The whole class started laughing.
"Everyone quite. Now, those who didn't bought their assignments please stand up". 4-5 students stood up hesitantly and now Hyun-ji was tensed up now as her friend also stood up. "Jia just take your assignment and hand it over to professor". She whispered in an enough audible voice which she could hear. Her friend just looked down at her and blinked her eyes and again looked infront. "So you all forgot your assignments.... Or some of your pets ate it.... Or else you already lost it?" The class was controlling their laughter because the their professor was mocking those students was really such stupid reasons which students gave to excuse themselves. "OUT. I SAID OUT OF MY CLASS". The students who were standing were now leaving the class with their head hung low in shame. That's when Hyun-ji felt such a guilt and her eyes turned teary because this was not the first time she did something for her she always saved her in any situation no matter what it took. And she submitted the assignments with her trembling hands as professor called out her number.
____________________________________
After the lecture

As bell rang students in the classroom sighed in relief and closed their books lazily. While professor stepped out of the classroom he stopped at his spot and looked at the students who were standing outside "You're the only girl here who didn't submitted the assignments, don't you feel awkward getting punished infront of the whole class?" She just remained quiet in her place her ayes glued to the floor. Professor just sighed and walked passed them.
____________________________________
After professor left their sight they walked in the classroom. As Hyun-ji looked at her friend she again felt a rush of guilt ran through her but her friend simply took slow steps towards her with poker face and settled down herself. As she looked at Hyun-ji who already staring at her with teary eyes. "I'm sorr- "It's fine. No need to worry about anything look I'm totally fine" her friend tried to console her as she was very well aware of her sensitive nature. Hyun-ji was a really sensitive person as her dad had made her grow up with love and very care cause she was his only family after his wife's death.
____________________________________
15 years back

Hyun-ji was just 3 years old when her died in a plane crash who was flying back to Seoul from Daegue. She decided to visit her parents after 4 years of her marriage. And the reason she didn't met her parents for 4 years was their love marriage. Hyun-ji's mom Park Ara refused to get married to get with the person whom she didn't even knew about for her entire life and most importantly she loved someone else and she did informed about it to their parents but their parents refused to get their daughter married to her love and as a result she ran away with Park Seo-Hun her lover. And since then she never got guts to face her parents. It's not like she wasn't happy with her husband she never regreted her decision as he gave her everything which he could and  that was enough for her.
____________________________________
"If this deal is done and everything goes smoothly then my promotion is fixed after this meeting". Ara was so happy while saying this. "Hm... Don't worry everything will go fine. Best of luck wifey". Her husband was smiling at her while admiring his wife.
____________________________________
Next day

Ara was hurrying packing her luggage "Let me do this you go and get ready yourself". Ara left from there hurriedly. "I'll be back soon baby". Said Ara while caressing Hyun-ji who was in her Dad's arms . "Take care of yourself and our baby, I'll be back within 4-5 days". She said while looking at her husband and nodded while assuring her. "Byee". "Bye safe travels and don't skip your meals and we'll miss you. Ara smiled at them and got in her car and drove away.
____________________________________
After 2 days

"Hello". Ara spoke on the line. "Hello". " I'll be back the day after tomorrow". The excitement was filled in her voice. "Glad to hear that. And what about the meeting. Did everything went well?". "Yeah~~ everything went smooth like butter". Both giggled at her statement. "So your promotion?" "Yes I got promotion. I'm so happy. I can't wait to celebrate it. Seo-hun was smiling at the other side hearing his wife's so exited voice. "Even I can't wait to see you. Just come as soon as possible". Ara blushed at her husband's statement. "Okay bye I'll call you back. I have some work to do now". "Hm... take care. Bye".
____________________________________
After a day

While Seo-hun was scrolling his phone waiting for her wife to arrive home a news caught his eyes. He clicked on it hoping it not be what he was thinking. And soon  his mobile touched the floor while he was froze on his spot. Then he quickly rushed out of the house grabbing his car keys and went straight to hospital. He parked his car outside and again rushed inside the hospital. Then leaning on the counter while huffing badly he asked the receptionist. "Park Ara. Where is Park A-ara?". "In room ***". He ran from there to the room where her dearly wife was taking her last breaths. "A-ara". His voice was shaky while he went near her bed with trembling steps. "Seo-hun". His wife called out his name in a very weak voice while smiling at him. "I'm glad to see you for the last time". "A-ara". Seo-hun wasn't able to form any words at the moment. " Take good care of our daughter and yourself". He just nodded while controlling his tears. "And I love you". "I l-love you too". While a tear finally escaped his eyes. "Promise me one thing that you won't leave our daughter alone in any situation. You'll always stand by her no matter what. She'll have y-". "Ara. A-ara. No you can't leave us like that. Wake up Hyun-ji is waiting for us at home. Ara. ARA." and that was it he bursted out in tears while mumbling her name. The doctors tried to calm him down and later took him out from the room.
____________________________________
Present time

Bell rang as all the students sighed in relief as all the lectures were over now and it was time to return to their home. "Pack up your things quickly Jia". A little excitement was visible in her voice. "Anything special today?" "Yes very special" she replied while smiling like an idiot. "Done" with a straight voice her friend said. Hyun-ji grabbed Ji-ahn's hands and  draged her hurriedly from there. Their nature was totally opposite from eachother. Hyun-ji who was extroverted, fragile and very soft girl. While her friend who was totally introverted, always calm and really cold. Yet the bond they sahre was unbreakable. Hyun-ji always have Ji-ahn whenever she wants a shoulder to cry on, when she needed comfort. She was her only friend who alway stood by her at her lows. "Come fast". She told her friend whom she was already dragging and suddenly she stopped outside a restaurant which was nearby their university. "Let's goo~~~". Saying this she pulled her friend inside the restaurant. While Ji-ahn was dumbfounded that what was so special today that Hyun-ji was so exited about. Both sat on one of the tables. Hyun-ji just stared at her surrounding while admiring the restaurant's style and structure when a waiter interrupted them. "Excuse me ma'am, your order please". "A small size cake and two cold drink please". The waiter nodded while slightly smiling at her and went from there. By the time Ji-ahn got even more confused that what was the reason behind her celebration. "Your order ma'am". "Thank you". Ji-ahn decided to ask her that what was the reason behind this celebration. "Hyun-ji.... all this....?". "I knew you wouldn't remember". With a deep sigh "it's been 3 months since we met". A smile crepted on her face while remembering their first interaction.