CHAPTER 8 - A Jhocey Love Problem

"So... what are you doing this Saturday?" She put the cup of hot honey tea down on the table then sat comfortably on the couch. Mikha was sitting on the floor doing her paperwork.

"Uhh.. I don't know. Nothing I guess, why?" She stopped typing for a while to look at her side, finding the smoke raised up from the cup inviting her to drink it.

"For me?" She deliberately did not casted her eyes to the other girl since she wore a loose t-shirt and shorts. She had seen Aiah's legs many times before but that didn't mean she was used to that. It took a remarkable self-control to not ogle on her.

"Yeah. Careful, it's hot."

"Thanks." she said shortly. She took the cup, brought it to her lips and tested the water before sipping it slowly. "Woah! This is really good!" she grinned gratefully at Aiah.

"You like it?"

"Of course I like it." she slurped again. Not drinking in chilly weather was just perfect.

"Wow, you're actually honest this time. Not annoyingly turning around upside down just to avoid saying the truth that my creation is awesome."

Mikha narrowed her eyes at the latter for God knew how long. "Shut up." she finally said with a flat tone making Aiah laugh.

"I thought you're going to make some excuse! You run out of ideas, don't you?" she mischievously mocked her.

"Whatever." Mikha grumbled under her breath. After she calmed her down, Aiah pulled out some tissue, dried her tears from laughing too hard.

"Ehem." She cleared her throat. "In all seriousness though, you don't have anything to do this Saturday?"

"Nope, don't think so."

"Well, about meeting your friends, we can have dinner if you want."

"This Saturday you mean?" Aiah nodded. "I'll ask them tomorrow then. We invite them here or you want to go to a restaurant?"

"What about homemade cooking?"

"You'll cook for them?"

"Yep."

"Okay then."

Mikha resumed her work meanwhile Aiah laid on her back, flipping her magazine on one to another page. The TV was playing soft music– Aiah's choice. It was a peaceful night in their house.

"Hoaamm..." Mikha yawned as she scratched her back making some bone cracking sound.

"Sleepy?" Aiah asked without taking her eyes off the magazine.

"Naahhoamm.." she yawned again. "I still want to work a bit more."

"You should sleep. You've been in front of the computer for hours."

"Yeah I will, my head already hurts." she rubbed her forehead hoping the throbbing would go away.

"You want me to massage your head?" Aiah peeked from her magazine.

"No, no, no it's fine." she shook her head. She wasn't keen on the idea of having Aiah's hand on her head. It'll give her more headaches. "Are you working on a case right now?" she asked as she opened another document.

"Yep."

"That's your answer? Just yep?" she typed down.

"You want to know more?"