CHAPTER 38 - Cinema

Aiah smiled a little when she spotted Maloi and Nissin staring at her near the elevator with the other employees. She sighed in relief, at least she didn't have to take the elevator alone and make Mikha later for her work more.

Mikha smiled acknowledging their presence but didn't let go of Aiah's hand.

"Bubby, Maloi and Nissin are here. I'm fine, you should go to the hospital."

"You'll go with them?"

"Yes. Thank you for driving me, sweetheart." She wanted to kiss her, but their surroundings were too crowded and she had to keep her professionalism.

"Okay then. Wait for me, I'll pick you up, yeah?"

"Okay." she nodded.

"How's pasta sound for dinner?"

"Sounds good." she chuckled.

"It's a date." Mikha grinned widely.

"It's a date." Aiah agreed.

Mikha leaned in and set a gentle kiss right on Aiah's lips. "I'll be on my way now. Maloi, Nissin," she waved at the girls and turned her heels towards the exit.

On her halfway out, she pressed the call button as it rang for two times before the recipient picked up.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful today?"

"Once or twice, why?" she could hear a soft giggle at the end of the phone.

"Great. I'll remind you for the third time today, you're beautiful. I will see you tonight. Bye, hon."

"Thank you," she meant it. "I love you too."

"I'm glad you didn't call us last night," Maloi said as they walked out of the elevator.

"It means she'd stay; for good." Aiah didn't say anything.

- - - - - - - -

Mikha learned a lot from Aiah; how to love and be loved in return, how to be patient in the most difficult moment, how to keep going and see things through. Aiah would be the strong one when she was weak and now it was her turn to take the role.

Keeping up with the emotionally fragile Aiah wasn't an easy thing to do. She cried without reason and was so insecure about their relationship like there was no hope. Many times, she'd be angry with Mikha just because.

It took all of her power to not chase that certain guy and beat him up mercilessly. What he did to Aiah was beyond cruel and she had to be the one who witnessed the love of her life break down and doubt everything every single day. Aiah sometimes cried to and in her sleep, it took her a while to be able to sleep again peacefully. Mikha never left her side. It crushed her heart to see Aiah like that but she didn't cry. She desperately restrained her tears and held Aiah close to her, assuring her that everything was okay, that she won't leave her behind no matter what.

Mikha checked on Aiah whenever they weren't together. She'd text her, call her, ask Maloi how she was doing at the office and so on. She took her on many dates and gave her little surprises no matter how cheesy and cringe worthy it was. She'd stop whatever she was doing even though she was in surgery to pick her call. She'd come by Aiah's office and bring her lunch even when she had to go back to the hospital in a rush since she still had surgery to do. She treated Aiah with care and love, whatever she asked her, she'd do it.

She would do anything to keep Aiah with her.

They spent the new years with Mikha's parents at their mansion. Aiah could perfectly hide her sorrow with her bright smile when she was with the others but not with Mikha. After the party was over, Aiah clutched to her like her life depended on Mikha. She silently sniffled till she was too tired to fall asleep, Mikha never complained. She won't give up through the emotional roller coaster they're both experiencing.