Chapter 18

STEFAN

"Who is he?"

I jumped at the question, my eyes flying to my friend as he all but fell into a seat across from me.

I had been staring through the window of our little café for a while, waiting for David to show up since he was running late and I had spaced out for a moment, my mind on a certain redhead and all the things I planned to do to him this evening if he agrees to come to my place.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, feigning innocence as I schooled my face into a blank mask.

"Don't try that Dom face shit with me, Stefan Lewis, you know exactly what I'm talking about." He said as he leaned forward, his elbows on the table and a conspiratory smirk on his face. "Who's the guy?"

I blinked, not giving in as I stared him down. "What guy?"

David rolled his eyes as he fell back into his chair. "The one that had your face all dopey and shit just now. I haven't seen that stupid smile since Misha left you. So, who is the guy?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes, internally dancing for not feeling anything at the mention of his name, before smiling slightly at my friend. He knew me too well.

"He is just someone I met some time ago and that I had decided to get to know a bit better."

"No shit Sherlock. Could you be any more vague?"

I snorted.

"I could."

"Stefan."

"David."

"Okay fine. But at least tell me something."

I shook my head, glancing away from my friend and looking through the window as I said, "He is a redheaded Russian."

The sound of his laughter boomed through the café, startling the poor waitress who had been passing by so much that she almost dropped the coffee she had been carrying.

"Sorry.." I winced as she glared at us, before punching David into his shoulder. He ignored me though, still laughing his head off, as tears streamed down his face.

"Yeah... yeah... laugh it off... Asshole." I mumbled as I took a sip of my coffee while David slowly calmed down, though every time he looked at me a giggle escaped his mouth.

And then suddenly he froze, his eyes wide as he asked, "It's not..?"

"Of course, it's not Misha, you idiot. He is engaged for fuck's sake." I snorted, shaking my head as David brought his hands up.

"Had to check. Sorry."

He took a bite of his bagel before saying, "Where the fuck did you find another ginger Russian? Or did you import this one when you went to Moscow?"

I glared at him as he yet again burst out laughing and then tossed the rest of my donut at him for good measure.

*

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist as I wiped the steam collected on the mirror.

I looked at my reflection, debating if I should shave now or in the morning when a doorbell rang.

I frowned, as I looked at my phone, seeing that I still had 15 minutes left before Sasha was supposed to be here, before leaving the bathroom and making my way downstairs.

I opened the door slightly and smiled as I saw Sasha standing on the other side of them, his eyes wide as he stared at my house.

"Oh, hi!" he exclaimed as he saw me, blushing slightly as he did so.