can i call you tonight? - dayglow

summary :
rody and deku on a phone call late at night, timezones are obviously different but deku and rody decided to call because deku had a hard time going to sleep and rody just wanted to hear dekus voice (without admitting it) and also deku goes to otheon to visit rody after a long conversation on going to visit him...

Rody and Deku lay in their separate beds, thousands of miles apart, connected only by the soft glow of their phone screens. It was late, and they should have been asleep, but neither could resist the comfort of their nightly calls. As they talked, their voices low and sleepy, their words dripped with longing. Deku's fingers wandered to the hem of his shirt, pulling it down in nervousness to reveal a glimpse of skin. Rody's eyes followed, his own breath quickening. "I miss hugging you," They fell into a comfortable silence, the kind only found in the late-night calls of long-distance lovers. The sounds of the night filled the space between them, and as the moon took over from the sun, their sleepy conversation turned more wholesome. He closed his eyes, picturing the comfort and warmth of their embrace. He could almost feel the texture of Deku's shirt against his fingers, the way it would feel to nuzzle against his neck. "I want to see you again," he echoed, his voice quiet but laced with urgency.

Rody's words hung heavy in the air, and Deku felt his cheeks heat. He couldn't resist the temptation any longer and pulled out his phone, clicking on the video call button. The facetime call connected, and Rody's face appeared on the screen. Deku's heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. His hair was messy, his eyes heavy from sleep, and a soft smile played on his lips. Rody's smile grew wider as he saw Deku. He looked so cute, all flushed and nervous. "Come on, don't be shy," he said, his voice husky with longing. Rody's smile softened, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "I just wanted to show you something," he said, leaning back against his pillows. Deku's curiosity peeked, he leaned in, the camera capturing the gentle angles of his face. Rody's gaze met Deku's, his expression open and tender. In the quiet space between them, Deku poured out his heart. "I love you," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion.

Rody's breath caught, and a lump formed in his throat. "Say something," Deku pleaded, his gaze never leaving Rody's. The tension was thick in the air, a mixture of love, fear, and longing. The screen light illuminated their features as Rody's mouth opened and closed. Finally, Rody found his voice, his words tumbling out in a rush. "I love you too," he breathed, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears. Deku's face lit up with joy, a radiant smile spreading across his face as he leaned forward, the screen filling with his gentle laughter. The connection was pure bliss, a moment of perfect understanding. Rody's laughter faded, and he gazed at Deku with adoration. "I miss you," he whispered, his voice heavy with the ache of their distance. Deku's heart twisted with the same longing. "I miss you too," Deku replied, his voice barely above a whisper. Rody's eyes scanned over Deku's face, taking in every curve of his cheeks, the flutter of his eyelashes, and the way his messy hair framed his face. He wished he could reach through the screen and take Deku's hand into his own. Deku's fingers caressed the screen, tracing Rody's features as he committed every detail to memory. The moment was sweet and tender, but also tinged with sadness as they both knew they wouldn't see eachother again. 

Rody's expression turned wistful, his eyes reflecting the unspoken words between them. "I wish we could be together," he murmured, his gaze drifting to the empty space beside him. Deku's heart ached at the thought, a desperate yearning welling up inside him. "Me too," Deku whispered, his fingers tightening around the phone. He knew the distance between them was vast, but the love they shared bridged even the widest chasms. With a heavy sigh, he made a decision, his mind racing with possibilities. Deku's eyes locked onto Rody's, his determination shining through. "I'm coming to see you," he declared, the words hanging in the digital air between them. Rody's eyes widened, surprise quickly giving way to hope as a small, tentative smile played on his lips. "Really?" Rody breathed, his excitement barely contained. The thought of finally being able to see Deku in person, to touch him and be close to him after so long, was almost overwhelming. Deku nodded; his heart full despite the anxiety tightening his chest. "I'll figure out the details and let you know as soon as I can," Deku promised, a small reassuring smile on his lips. He watched Rody's reaction, a warmth blossoming in his chest at the sheer joy glowing in Rody's eyes. The conversation shifted to the practicalities of organizing the meet up, with Deku jotting down notes and cross-checking dates. The butterflies in his stomach never settled, but he found comfort in the familiarity of planning and the knowledge that he was making a dream become a reality.