VIII. Nokira

I hurried back to my apartment, my footsteps echoing in the corridor as I ran towards the vintage mirror. With a racing heart, I reached out to touch the familiar frame, relief flooding through me as I saw it still hanging securely on the wall, undisturbed. Before I could fully process the strange things of the dream that had happened and transported me to unknown realms, Thanakrit suddenly materialized before me, his presence surprised me from his thoughts.

"Kor'shala? Vrel'sha nol'kri jor." (What happened, you look stressed and confused.) Thanakrit's voice held a note of concern as he observed my confused and flustered state. The sudden shift in language to Thanakrit's universal dialect caught me off guard, triggering a cascade of memories from the dream, particularly the cryptic words spoken by Pitikrong that have a resemblance to Thanakrit's language. The inability to communicate effectively added to my growing sense of disorientation and confusion. Now everything has changed, "Why so suddenly I cannot understand him? Why there's a sudden language barrier between us? Why does his language look familiar to what Pitikrong has read?" a lot of questions coming from my head.

Driven by a mix of curiosity and urgency, I rush to go to the old university library in search of the elusive book that had read by Pitikrong. As I hurried along the familiar path, a strange sensation beneath my jacket made me stop, and upon inspection, when I took off my jacket, I discovered a mysterious wound on my arm, the source of which remained a puzzle to me. Arriving at the library, a flood of memories from the dream suddenly flashback through my mind, including the unsettling encounter with Thanakrit, Mr. Gunjae, and Prof Saeng, causing me to stumble in a moment of fear and uncertainty.

The atmosphere in the library room was heavy with anticipation as I continued to search the shelves for the book that held the key to unraveling the mysteries that had entwined me in reality with the dream realm. As my fingers brushed against the spine of a particular time, a chill ran down my spine, and when I took one book, I turned to find Mr. Gunjae standing on the other side of the shelf, his piercing purple eyes locked on my eyes with an intensity that sent a shiver of apprehension through me. "Nokira," Mr. Gunjae's whispered words hung in the air, casting a shadow of foreboding over my, already deafening journey into the unknown.

"There are only two ways to collide, supernova and black hole." He said. I was shaking, and I really couldn't move my feet from where I was standing right now. A cold, breezy air ran towards me that made my eyes close, and when I opened it, Mr. Gunjae was gone. Is it real or am I imagining things again?

I went to the third floor of the library to find the book, and luckily, Pitikrong was there reading the book.