It Wasnt To Be Like This

Ishaan spent the weekend researching the nitty gritty of how to a freelance design consultant, from standard hourly rates to drawing up a client. He also threw a together portfolio and brought it with him to the meeting. Even though Adyah had all guaranteed him the job, he wanted to make his best expression.

After all he was, the one who would be paying him.

Ishaan stood into the Aviary. Natural lights flooded through the domed glass ceiling, coursing the confidence through as he took a look in the sleek grey chairs, sculptured tables, and strategically placed plants. Providing a soothing white noise soundtrack for the business negotiations and high society gossip sessions taking place throughout the restaurant.

He could do this. So what if I'd never tackled a project from start to finish by myself? I'd figure it out. I had design chops and that was mattered the most.

He did a lil pep talk to himself. A boost up.

Ishan zeroed in on where Adhay sat by himself at the prime corner

A broad grin stretched across Adhays face when he caught the sight of Ishaan. "Ishaaan. Thanks for coming"

"It was my pleasure. Sir." He shook his hand. With his wavy black hair, deep brown eyes, and bronzed skin—not to mention the tall, muscular body —Adhyah could pass for a male model. Argh.

Ishaan recognised this but he didn't feel one flicker of, self conceit in him.

"Thanks for thinking of me sir"

"Please call me  Adhyah. And of course you're the best interior designer I've had the pleasure of working with" Adhyah winked at him. "Don't tell Burke that. He doesn't like being second" And Ishaan froze, his heart start beating faster, butterflies in his stomach driving him insane to next level.

The ADHYAH THOUGHT HE .. I I am BETTER THAN MR. Burke. DAMNN

Ishaan tightened his grip on portfolio to prevent himself from screaming like an idiot.

Adhyah was a hand on management type of man. If His one eye is here than the other at his workplace. He hadn't micro managed Burke project, but he made it a point to learn everyone's name and listen their ideas no matter how junior they are.

Adhay Ekansh you're a thousand blessings in one.

"Are we waiting for someone?" Ishaan smoothed his napkin over his lap.

"Sorry, I didn't mention this to in call. This project is not only of mine but.." Adhay paused, naming a relationship isn't easy. Especially when it's not blood. Ekansh never not in his worse he ever feel him he isn't his child.

Rubbing the back of his neck. "It's of my bhaiya , I know you must be thinking then why I talked you... it should be him only.. Right?"

Ishaan nodded. It's exactly was his thought.

"Yeah. I mean I understand it's a family thing to you. So I understand." Ishaan said and looked away. When Adhay said his bhaiya he couldn't help himself of thinking his brother. But then he wasn't with him anymore.

Sometimes parting ways is easy but then the heart can never parted. The urge to hear, to see, to feel can never parted. Was it's too easy for him also? Ishaan thought but chuckle knowing it doesn't bother. If it —then today was not this.

"Yeah my family. He more like father figure to me. He is. He is all who will decide. The end call will always his. ." The words came like naturally, there was no a pinch of stammer in Adhay voice. Ishaan heart sank, it was a new information to take in.

He wasn't prepared. Only he hoped the man was as friendly and easygoing as Adhay.

"He won't bite you Ishaan."Adhyah tried to ease him and the boy just give a nod. 

"Kahan hai woh? Kab aayege woh" He tried to best to not show how scared the hell it was.

"Woh toh already yahin hai. I guess he went to backside-ah. There —my Bhaiya—is'" Adhyah nodded at someone behind him.

Ishaan put on his most professional smile and turned, ready to knock his clients socks off.

But his greeting died a quick death when he the tall, gorgeous eyes striding to his.

NO

Cold tendrils of shock slithered down Ishaan's spine as the temperature plunged to sub zero levels. He was imagining things. There was no way that was him. The universe wouldn't be so cruel.

But there is no denying those icy soft eyes. The cut glass cheekbones. The deep dimples that faded as shock replaced his smile. He looked as stunned as shocked as Ishaan was.

The twist in Ishaan's heart confirmed what his brain refused to acknowledge.

That was him.
The first — and only man he had as superman.
The one who broke his heart. Ripped it.
The one he thought he'd never see him again.

His superman baba.

The Ekansh Rudra Shekhawat.

A/N how's the chapter?

What you all are expecting in next update?

Do vote n comment.

Love,
Adiyati