Mattheo scoffed and looked away. Everybody else had shock written all over their faces. Nobody knew what this meant. She was here. She was here to give me my mark.

2 summers ago at the Riddle manor

"Hey, Mia?" Mattheo said putting down his book. We were in the library, I was layed across his lap.

"Yes, Matt?" My eyes didn't leave my book. 

"What if on one of our 18th birthdays we run away to avoid the mark." He said grabbing my book out my hands.

"Well, thats a good idea but its impossible and you know it. Now may I please have my book back, it was getting good." I sat up.

He laughed. "Im serious Mia. Your birthday is first so we should run away on yours. We know your mom is going to find a way into Hogwarts to give you the mark anyways."

"Maybe you are right. I don't want to think about that right now please. I just want to enjoy the somewhat peace I have with you." I said grabbing my book back and getting back into it.

present day Hogwarts

"Mia. Please say something. Are you okay?" Draco said holding me in his arms. I must have passed out and went back to that memory. I can't keep doing that. 

I couldn't have words form out my mouth so I just nodded my head which then made everybody sigh in relief. 

"What hell was that? Is she here or something?" Enzo paced around the astronomy tower with his hands on his head like a stressed out father. Everybody was scared for me. They knew what my mother would do to me if she ever was able to stand in front of me. Her leaving this note on my birthday had her one step closer to the plan. 

Last summer at the Malfoy manor 

I had just got done reading the fiction section of the library and was about to move over to the nonfictional, basically the Hogwarts library until my aunt Narcissa came running into the library with tears on her face and bruises all over her. At this point it was known that my uncle, Lucius beat on her whenever he got a chance.

"Aunt Cissy? Is everything okay?" I drop my book in the chair and rush to her side.

"Im fine darling. Your mother is here to see you. She's in a mood today." She whispers. My aunt Cissy was more of a mother to me than Bellatrix ever was. I didn't claim her as my mother until one day I learned about our family history and all the bad things that came with it. 

I nodded and walked out the library and into the drawing room where she stood with 2 death eaters by her side. Draco and Lucius was standing in the corner of the room with their heads down, Narcissa soon joined them.

"My darling daughter. How have you been?" She smiled as she walked closer to me. 

"I have been well. What's with the sudden visit?" I asked. I didn't trust her with her just coming here out of the blue. She usually sends an owl to the manor and have a reasoning.

"I can't see my daughter before school starts?" She laughed, a laughed that filled the whole quiet manor.

"What do you really want?" My face tensed up knowing what was coming next.

"Fine. I want you to the take the mark this year. You have no choice. You and that Riddle boy are the only two people that the Dark Lord actually wants to have at his side." She hissed and stepped closer to me, she was so close. I could feel her energy bouncing off mine.