Vol 1. Chapter 8 - Calm Before The Storm

Prologue: After the whole ordeal with Hosen and leaving with his left hand covered in blood and a knife that pierced through it, Ayanokoji, Horikita and Nanase try to negotiate with Hosen to come up with a compromise for everyone as they prepare to lock down on partners and handle this partners exam. Karuizawa is concerned upon seeing Ayanokoji's state post-exam and tries to comfort him.

Ayanokoji's POV:

"Ayanokoji-kun, are you alright?" expressed Horikita.

"Hah, I'm... I'm fine. Just grab Chabashira-sensei." I replied whilst looking at my hand.

Horikita nods. "Stay here, I'll grab her. Just sit here on this bench." As she went on to find Chabashira-sensei.

Around 15 minutes later, Chabashira-sensei turned up and to be honest this was probably the most shocked I have ever seen from her. There was a bit of my blood that splat on the concrete but from experience since the knife went completely through my hand I had the common sense to not pull it regardless how much agony I was experiencing from the knife piercing my had.

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, are you alright?" As Chabashira-sensei started to assess my arm.

"I don't feel any pain, but I do want this knife removed and to be stitched back together." I replied.

Chabashira-sensei nods.

"Horikita, do you know what happened to Ayanokoji?" As Chabashira-sensei tries to piece together.

"We we're interacting with some first years, getting Ayanokoji a partner. We talked with two students. Nanase and Hosen. But Hosen for some reason is rather violent and was carrying the knife that pierced through Ayanokoji's hand. Me and Nanase pulled him away and Nanase took control of Hosen, but he blurted a few things before he left. Leaving me with Ayanokoji in this state you're seeing right now." Horikita elaborated to Chabashira-sensei.

"That is rather serious, I'm not going to put up with this. Not under my watch. I'll have some turn words with Katsunori Shiba, who is the homeroom teacher for Class 1-D and question him what clown show he's cooking now." Chabashira-sensei explained her next intentions but that didn't stop me preventing her plans as I heard that name echo through my head.

"Katsunori Shiba?" I asked Chabashira-sensei.

"Okay, what are you two talking about?" As Horikita spoke with a sense she was left out of the conversation.

"Horikita, you need to be out of this. It's highly sensitive and it's best you don't get involved. It's not pleasant." I expressed my concerns.

Horikita nods and stays within line sight but far away that if she happened to be recording it wouldn't capture our conversation or if she could hear us.

"Chabashira-sensei... I don't know if should tell you. but that man sounds familiar and not for the right reasons. I may not know much about his backstory but it's troublesome. I suggest avoiding contact with him. He's making his move now and he will in the future. But if you do, get in touch with me and record what he says and his posture. That will be important as I will get a rough idea what is going on and what he may do next." Elaborating my plan.

"Ayanokoji, you know I can't do that for you, but I'll do it with the trusting of your word as that seems troublesome and I don't want to put a classmate at harm or in danger more than they really should be in, because I expressed ignorance." Thankfully Chabashira-sensei trusted me and would have a few words with Katsunori-sensei. "Lets get you all stitched up and that knife removed as... the longer I see it embedded in your hand the more my agony gets the best of me." As she then gave a signal to for Horikita to come back.