Chapter 38

[LISA's POV]

We are currently on the patio eating some snacks. The kids were already sleeping, they are too tired from playing since this morning.

The party is over and only our circle is here at the Kangs house.

Seulgi requested that we need to bond as friends cause we just got together again.

Bambam and Jackson were here this morning while Rosie, Jinyoung, Nayeon, V, Ryujin just arrived.

Jinyoung and Nayeon are both from New Zealand too but Jackson flew here yesterday. The other three came from work so they arrived late.

"Bro, you want some?" Seulgi's lending me a plates of barbecue but I didn't take it.

Bambam moved his chair to get closer to mine and then pat my shoulder.

"You okay pal?" I just smiled as my response. "You've been quiet for a while, what's the matter?"

"I don't know. Change of mood?"

I poured another glass of wine. They looked at me, maybe wondering cause I had been drinking. I can't control myself from drinking.

I think it's because of Jennie. I didn't like how she talked to Jackson earlier. She was too comfortable with him.

I was surprised when I saw her here earlier so I couldn't help but ask Seulgi. So I learn that Jennie had been Timothy's tutor for a months.

She also talked about where and how she met Jennie, but as Ruby Jane. She met her at one of the hospitals owned by Jackson's family, and they were the ones who brought Jennie in there to work because the latter needed money.

I didn't ask her how Jen and Jackson met because I wanted to hear it from him myself. I'm just looking for the right time, we still haven't talked for a long time, we just said 'hello' earlier.

We are still not totally okay. It was all because of Granny's death that his father had something to do with it that's why I hated their family. They are doctors, their job is to treat patients not kill them.

I was thinking so much that I couldn't listen to his explanation. As time went on, I realized that I shouldn't have been angry with him cause he had nothing to do with the incident.

If I hadn't been mad with him, I might have found Jennie and found out about her situation long ago.

"Since we are complete now, Lisa, Jackson, I think this is the right time for you to rebuild your ruined friendship. You two haven't spoken in a decade. What are you waiting for, your death? You two will talk in hell?" Jinyoung spoke, seriously looking at me and Jackson.

I was suddenly nervous because of the tone of his voice. When it comes to serious talk Jinyoung is really the leader, once he gets serious, take him seriously too if you don't want to get a bombastic side eye from him.

In our circle, Bambam is my closest and my first friend. Of course we're cousins.

Seulgi, Jackson, Jinyoung, Nayeon are all five years older than me while Ryujin is two years ahead of me, same with V. Rosie, Bambam and I are the same age. So obviously we were not all in the same class but they were all my schoolmates when I was in primary.