seVen

Gomez scratched his head, a nervous chuckle erupted from his mouth. 'Yeah, we know. It's just that... um, how do I say this without sounding creepy?'

Pikachu was a step behind. 'He thinks you're pretty and wants your number.' He called.

Gomez turned, shooting daggers at Pikachu while Pikachu gave him the thumbs up.

Eden softly snorted before giggling, placing her hands on her knees. She laughed so hard she couldn't stand straight; alcohol was likely the culprit. When she finally opened her eyes, Gomez was looking away, his face scarlet. 'Sorry, I promise I'm not mocking you. I'm laughing at what Pikachu said. I don't know you, so I don't give my number that easy; but I'll give you my name.' She extended her hand to shake. 'I'm Eden.'

Gomez paused, before he took her hand and shook. 'That's a pretty name. Isn't it religious or something?'

Eden rolled her eyes as she stood straight, crossing her arms. 'Yeah, my mom is a religious fanatic.' She offered another grin. 'So, am I going to keep calling you Gomez, or am I going to get your real name?' She looked past him, where his friend stood behind. 'And Pikachu.'

Gomez swallowed, took a breath and then smiled. 'I'm Rory, that's Mick.'

Eden smiled as she looked him in the eyes. 'Nice to meet you, Rory,' she called to Pikachu. 'You too, Mick.'

There was a long pause, and while she waited, she felt her boots tighten on her feet. Wanting to remove them soon, she decided to cut this conversation short. 'It was nice meeting you both. Hope you have a good time.'

She turned and made it two feet away when Mick spoke up. 'Hey Eden! Are you a fan of Pokémon, by any chance?'

She paused, before turning to look his way. 'Well, I own Pokémon Go, if that's what you're asking. Why, do you play Lara Croft?' Her eyebrows were raised, not in anger but in challenge, although her feet hurt badly.

'No, but I've seen the movies.' Mick replied, while walking to Rory's side.

'And I bet you enjoyed the plot in all three of them, didn't you?' The pain caused her to be sharp and direct, but she wanted to get out of these uncomfortable clothes soon. Cade often remarked she was like a deadly snake for her sharp tongue. It wasn't an insult; he genuinely found her wit sharp and enjoyable, she discovered.

Mick placed a hand on his chest. 'I am hurt that you would think I would fall into the stereotypical guy mode where I just enjoy a female lead movie just because of her body and not her talents. To view her solely based on her body and not recognize her as a brave, strong woman who can kick ass and still be both feminine and tough. I am hurt, Eden.' He looked to Rory, who was observing the two with shock. It seemed he wasn't in on his friend's plan.

Eden turned to them and crossed her arms as she shifted her weight to her right side. Her left eyebrow was raised as she stared at them, and it took most of her control not to topple over. The alcohol was going to cause her to keel over soon. She rolled her eyes after a moment. 'My apologies for mislabeling you. Although I don't know why you care about me liking Pokémon. I got somewhere to be and you're holding me up.'

Rory quickly stepped in. 'Sorry, we'll leave you be. I- I-'

Mick watched his friend stutter hopelessly before he nudged him. 'We'll forgive you... but only after you agree to come with us so you can see my Pokémon cards. I have an entire collection, and I'm dying to show them to someone other than Rory.'

Rory seemed to stiffen at the suggestion and shook his head. Eden paused, as she shifted her weight again to the opposite side. 'And what makes you think I'll follow two strangers' home? If you thought I was that kind of girl, you're sorely mistaken.' She frowned at them. Once again, she felt like she would pass out at any minute.