REMINISCENCE / / / THIRD: Clair D'Eclipse

We open up in the Gala, where we see Reed crashing through some tables. Speaking with a pained tone.

Reed: "Fuck-... I really am not cut out for this..."

Eldritch Cyn: "Maybe you should have thought about that before you broke our agreement."

Reed slowly picks himself up off of the ground, reaching for one of his grenades on his belt.

Reed: "And what? Just let you wreak havoc on this planet? Yeah, I'll pass.."

He pulls the pin of the grenade and throws it at Cyn, exploding with a bright blue glow and knocking Cyn back, giving Reed the opportunity to draw his rifle and begin firing more rounds. One of Cyn's claws lunges at Reed but he barely manages to dodge out of the way and he reaches for a magazine to reload but...

Reed: "Have I already used up all of my rifle ammo? And barely a single bit of damage?!"

Eldritch Cyn: "Enough. You are a little too persistent, perhaps it is time I use my... secret weapon."

Reed: "Well, that doesn't sound good."

Suddenly, what looks like a black hole appears for a second but it disappears and in it's place, we now see the incomplete R, who seems suddenly confused by his surroundings.

R: "What the..? O-oh! My Solver, what do you require of me?"

Reed: "Wait... Your secret weapon.. is... him?"

Eldritch Cyn: "Yes, it is, now if you'll-"

Suddenly, Reed bursts out into laughter, almost amused by what Cyn is sending at him.

Reed: "Oh man... I had a feeling you were desperate but I didn't think you were this damn desperate that you'd send your paralyzed toy after me."

R: "I believe I see why I am here. Is it time, Absolute One?"

Eldritch Cyn: "It is, my servant."

R: "Oh, wonderful! I have awaited this moment for so long!"

Reed: "...Wait, what is that supposed to m-"

Seemingly out of nowhere, the head of one of the Worker Drones in the room explodes, startling Reed.

Reed: "JESUS! What the fuck was that abo-"

And then another, and another, until eventually, every Worker Drone in the room is a headless corpse, leaving the floor absolutely covered in oil.

Reed: "Ok, what the fuck?!"

Reed is hit in the back of the head by a scrap of metal from the remains of a Worker Drone as it flies towards R, melding itself to his body. More and more parts fly to R, melding them to him, until the only piece that is missing is his arm.

Reed: "..Ok, well, nice display but you're not seriously gonna fight me with one arm, are you?"

Eldritch Cyn:  "Of course he won't. It's just that the arm is the most important piece."

Cyn summons the arm, floating it in the air near R, the arm being abnormally large, R grabs it and attaches it to himself, flexing the fingers a little to make sure it worked.

Eldritch Cyn: "I call it the Overloader, do you like it?"

Reed: "Hang on a second, is that why you had me hand over my Knuckleblaster blueprints? For your little pet project? God, now I know how it feels to have your life's work cheaply replicated."