Chapter 7

Story time

Liam's POV

It has already been 2 months since the rogue arrived here. All his injuries have healed, and luckily for him there are no scars on his body.

I really doubted if the injuries would heal. His body looked awful when he just came in, and the doctors were scared that maybe not all wounds would heal properly. Because of the wolfsbane that was injected to the rogue. But also the constant contact of the skin with silver in a certain way.

The cage they were keeping him in was obviously made of silver, but if the rogue wasn't in the cage they made sure he was wearing a silver necklace or bracelet.

That really slowed the process of healing. The holes from the bamboo shoots did look horrible, since he was pulled off. And they didn't really treated him with care. But the doctors where there to treat the wounds immediately so there was no infection or what so ever.

The injuries on his back were a different story. He was whipped several times, and it was done so hard, that the skin had burst open.

Because he was thrown back in to the dirty cage after the whipping the wounds got infected.

After the doctors here removed the last of the wolfsbane and silver out of his system, the process of healing could start.

It was good for his body that he fell into a coma, because of that, his body has all the time to heal.

For now it looks really good and there are no big scars to see. If you looked really close you could see faint traces of where the whip ripped the skin open, but that was only an matter of days before those would fade too.

Aunt Eileen still went to visit the rogue almost every day. Not that the rogue would notice, but it was for her own peace of mind.

Niall gave birth to our son. We are so happy and I can't even imagine my life without our little boy in it. What I didn't expect to be so heavy were the sleepless night.

Did you know a baby needs to be fed every 2 hours? Yup, that means that you have to wake up every 2 hours. Say goodbye to a goodnight sleep.

Luckily the interval between feeding get longer very rapid, but I can't keep this up for very long.

Zayn was also not available for pack duties this week. He was looking for his mate.

Zayn was convinced his mate was out there, like it was for everybody, but lately Zayn felt the need to look around. This week he travelled to another pack close by in the hopes that he would meet his mate there.

I tried to talk him out of it, and told him that if he mate was somewhere out there, it was destined they would meet, and forcing it would help speed up the process.

But Zayn was stubborn in that way, and asked for the week off anyway, and claimed he was also in desperate need of a vacation. And with that he packed his things and was of for the week.

With that I am glad that there are little to none pack duties. It is very calm. The only thing that happened was that Nick came by to get aunt Eileen to come back to Crescent Moon with him.

But aunt Eileen refused to go with him. She wanted to stay here and be here until the rogue wakes up. She needs to be there when he wakes up, and she needs to know the rogue will forgive her.

Today it is 5 years ago that Harry lost Kay.

On this day and the days after, Harry is in mourning and doesn't think about pack duties.

Zayn and me take over from Harry for those days to give him time to grieve in his own way. Even if it was 5 years ago, if this was the way for Harry to cope with the situation, we support him in any way. And Zayn and me make sure nobody in the pack notices Harry is not available.

Harry usually goes to the graveyard, and makes sure the graves of Kay and the babies are all nice and clean.

It is something he has been doing for all the years now.

So seeing Harry's car here at the hospital made me raise my brows and makes me wonder if something is wrong.

I found Harry in the rogue's hospital room. Happily chatting away.

Harry turned around when he heard me.

"Hey Liam I didn't hear you come in. I was just in conversation with him." He said as he pointed to the rogue."

"You know he is in a coma and he can't hear you?"

"I just had a feeling I had to come here Liam. Like in my head, but also a physical pull to this place. I can't explain it."

"I talk to him and explained everything about this day and what happened 5 years ago. And I just feel like he understands me Liam. He told me, I had a conversation with him."

"I was worried about you Harry. You know, with the date and such, and you being here, so yeah." Still processing what Harry said.

Harry was not only my alpha but also my best friend. We have been friends since kindergarten. Me, Zayn and Harry we were best friends from the first day. In the playground we found each other, and it was obvious from that day on we were friends for life.

Harry only smiled and looked back at the rogue.

"I was just talking with Louis here, I told you that."

"Wait what? Louis? How do you know his name?"

Harry looked at me like I was stupid. "Duh, he told me."

That was remarkable. I wonder if Harry realises how special it is, to already have a bond with somebody who is not even able to talk.

But somehow gives the vibe of having a conversation when in a coma. I am thinking a lot of things, and one thing even more crazy then the other.

One thing that crossed my mind was something very rare, but after what Harry explained to me very plausible.

I wanted to keep my eye on him and also do some research. And after what he told me, maybe I should pay a little more attention to it all.