Chapter One [Nice to meet you]

Chapter one [Nice to meet you]

Reign... honey, open the door now. I will help you packed your things... Sambit nang malambing na boses nang isang babae habang marahang itong kumakatok sa pinto.

Limang segundo ang lumipas at bumukas ang pintuan. Marahang itong ibinunyag ang isang matangkad na babae sa labas na maamong naka ngiti sa taong nag bukas nang pinto. Baby... pabulong na sabi nito at lumohod nang dahan dahan para mayakap ang isang musmusin na bata, at atensyon nito'y nasa sahig lang.

I know that you're sad, but we will just gonna be for a month there. Babalik din tayo dito. Mahinahong pagpaliwanag nang babae sa bata habang ina akap ito kasabay ang paghagod nang marahan sa mga likod nito.

"But Mom, how about my friends here?" The child finally looked up, pleading with his mom. She responded with a warm smile, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

“Reign, your friends will be away too. It’s summer, so they’ll be spending time with their families as well. I don’t think you’ll have much time to be with them,” explained the mother, the child's eyes welling up with tears he tried to hold back.

Rein pouted, showing his mom his sad eyes. "Does that mean you don’t want to spend time with us and Dad?"

The mother said dramatically while crossing her arms and pouting, knowing that her sulky demeanor was Reign's weakness. The child immediately hugged his mom, which made her smile.

“No, that’s not what I mean, Mom...” Reign bantered while burying his face in his mom’s tummy. She gently petted his head and positioned herself to get up. Picking up the boy in her arms, she said, “I know, my baby...” while playfully pointing her finger at his nose.

“Just go downstairs first, and I’ll pack your things, okay? Your dad will be here soon.” The mother set him down gently and guided him towards the door. “I’ll be there in a minute, okay?”

Reign nodded in response, his head down as he followed his mom’s instructions..

He got downstairs, slowly walking towards the sofa and sat on it. He sighed in defeat.

Matapos ang ilang minutong pagmamaktol ni Reign, bumaba rin ang kanyang ina mula sa taas, bitbit ang isang bag. Napa-tingin si Reign sa kanyang ina habang dahan-dahan itong bumababa sa hagdan.

"Hi there, love. Is your father here na?" tanong ng kanyang ina habang inilalapag ang bag sa sahig. Reign shake his head na nangangahulugang hindi pa dumating ang kanyang ama.

A loud honk echoed from outside, signaling Reign's father's arrival. The door swung open to reveal a tall man with warm brown eyes, smiling as his son ran eagerly towards him. Reign leaped into his father’s arms, who lifted him up for a hug. "Hi there, buddy! Are you ready?" he asked, glancing at his son. Rein nodded, but his father could sense his hesitation.

Reign wasn’t fond of new places or unfamiliar environments. That's why, during long business trips, he often had no choice but to leave his wife and son at home.

Sensing his son's unease, he ruffled Reign's hair. "Let’s get you settled in the car. It’s going to be a long ride, but I know you’ll love it there. You’ll get to see Mamu and Dadu after so long. They’ll be so happy to see you," he reassured with a cheerful smile.

Reign finally smiled as his father tucked him into the backseat, carefully securing his seatbelt. "I'll go inside to help your mom with our things," his father said, making sure Reign was settled in before stepping away.