Part 4: Thoughts and feelings

•   ~  •

Vox was still holding Alastor's hand, keeping it protected inside his fists. Half an hour had passed. Vox was starting to worry a hell lot more now. Suddenly, Alastor opened his eyes and sat up, the towel falling off of his head. He looked around, looking tired and confused, and then looked down at his and Vox's hands. He then moved his gaze up to Vox's face, which had frozen. Vox dropped his jaw, and then a huge smile covered him whole.

He flew himself to Alastor and hugged his head intensely. They stayed there for a moment. Slowly, Alastor raised his arms and placed them around Vox's torso, pulling him closer. He closed his eyes and rubbed his cheek at Vox's shoulder. He smiled. He had no idea what just happened, but he would ask later. Right now, it was hug time. Alastor took a deep breath, filling his lungs with air and enjoying this moment of intimacy. He loved it when Vox was near him. He loved it a lot. Vox kissed the top of Al's head, brushed his ears back, and looked at his beautiful eyes while squeezing his cheeks, which turned red, and not because of the heat this time.

Vox squished Alastor's cheeks more and moved his face closer to his. Alastor was, once again, burning alive. Vox moved even closer. Alastor held his breath. Their faces were not an inch apart now. Finally, their lips met. They had only done so once before. Alastor felt their warmth and taste. He smiled and kissed him back. Suddenly, Vox stopped and stared deeply into Alastor's soul. Al had never felt that intense before. His heart was drumming, and he felt dizzy again, a feeling of weakness that he hated. But the cause of it though, he surely didn't hate at all. In his entire existence, Vox was the only person to make him feel so small and vulnerable.

Alastor looked him back and placed his hands behind Vox's neck. He was searching inside himself for the courage to pull him close to him again, but then noticed that Vox's eyes were... watery. "Umm, Vox?" he asked, alert. Vox put his hands down and then wiped his eyes quickly. "Are you okay?" asked Alastor slowly, worried. Vox smiled at him weakly. "Al, you literally fainted because you waited in the heat for too long. You have been passed out for almost an hour now, and, still, you ask me if I'm okay?" he chuckled a little. "I should be the one asking." Alastor was unconvinced. "Yes, but are you okay, Vox? You look a little blue. And don't worry about the heat. It was just a little malaise, silly. There is absolutely no way I 'fainted', I can guarantee you that," he said, very sure about himself.

"Al, it wasn't just a 'little malaise', you actually fainted. I mean, how do you think we got here? And why do you think you have wet towels all over you?" Alastor raised his eyebrows. "But, have I?" he asked Vox sarcastically. He looked down and goggled in disbelief. "Oh my stars, I do." He bit his lip feeling really dump. Vox smiled at his cuteness. Alastor noticed. 'He must think I'm really useless and stupid. I don't even know my surroundings,' he thought, blushing, looking down, and taking one towel to supposedly cool himself. He just wanted to hide his embarrassed face.

Vox was examining him. 'Oh, no, he's still burning. My poor dearie, he suffered because of me,' he reached for Alastor's head but then suddenly pulled his hand back as Al was lowering the towel. "So you are still not feeling great, huh? Well, that's legit, considering you fucking waited down the big burning sun for too long for an idiot to come and screw your day" started Vox, unable to resist calling himself names. "I mean, I don't see why you agreed to meet me at all... I... all of our outings are disasters, Al" Vox clenched his fists. "And always because of me... all I ever do is destroy your day, Al... I'm so sorry," his voice was cracking. He buried his face in his hands and felt his tears coming up really fast. He tried to close his throat so that he won't just start sobbing in front of Alastor. He had embarrassed himself enough for the day.

Alastor put his hand in the middle of Vox's back. "I don't know what you are talking about, Vox. Our dates are always the most entertaining days. Did... you forget about the time that those bitches had randomly started chasing us?" he giggled. "We were just enjoying the peaceful afternoon, and suddenly, they sprinted to us and took out those... pathetic little butter knives, remember?," Alastor was now trying hard not to wheeze so that he can keep on telling the story.