Part 8: Stars

• ~ •

Both laid on the sand now, exhausted of all the things they had done, they were cuddling and looking, and the, now, night sky. It was pitch black, with a red, shining stripe in the middle. It was one of the Rings. Alastor sighed. He was missing the stars. He always loved them. In his mortal life, he could lie in the forest and admire them for hours. He liked counting them, even if he knew it was pointless. And now there is nothing in the sky. Nothing to count, nothing to love. He sighed again.

Vox had heard his sighs and hugged him more tight and gently, kissing him slowly on the neck. Alastor closed his eyes. Most of the stars were gone, except for one. And he was lucky enough to find it. The most beautiful and the brightest of all. His eyes opened to meet his. 'Yes, the brightest of all.' He smiled at the beauty, but the smile wasn't strong enough to reach his eyes too. "What's wrong, love?" Vox asked him, concerned.

Alastor bit his lip. "Soo, what did you like the most today?," he changed the subject. Vox fell for it, though. "Well..." Vox's eyes squinted. "How about.. everything? I loved every single moment I spent with you, Al." Alastor giggled. "Oh, me too, Voxy, but I'm talking about something a little more.. specific. How about our moments on the beach, for example?," clarified Alastor. Vox thought for a while. "I loved that you learned how to float, I'm very, very proud of you, my sweet. I also loved our little sand castle. It was adorable, just like you," he added, rubbing Alastor's blushy cheeks.

"And I kinda hate to admit it.." he said after a minute. "But I'm so glad that we did follow the plan after all, and this date went so well, Al. I'm just so... happy right now. For once, my plan turned out like it should, and I didn't ruin everything and... it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you, love." Alastor put his face into Vox's. He smirked. "Since you're happy, Voxy, my plan worked as well." He kissed Vox's nose. Vox got tickled by Al's hair, falling all over his face, and he chuckled.

"What about you, Al?" Alastor scratched his chin. "What I loved the most, huh? I will say... everything," he answered proudly. "Hey, that's not fair! You have to choose as well!" nagged Vox. Alastor giggled again. "Well, I can't pick, I'm sorry." Vox sat up and crossed his arms. "You ain't following your own rules.." he mumbled, pretending to be ten times more annoyed than he actually was. He just found the fact that Alastor thought he was so smart cute. "What is new?," asked Alastor rhetorically, placing his hands behind his head, using them as a pillow.

Vox got on top of him very fast. Alastor's heart jumped. He was now trapped below Vox's weight, who had sat right on his knees. "Rulebreakers suffer consequences, my dear," he said, smiling wickedly. Alastor stared at him, confused. "What are you talking about...?" he asked, smiling curiously. Vox raised his hands on the air and started tickling Alastor's belly and torso. Al immediately cracked up, wheezing breathlessly. Vox's fingertips were barely touching him, though. Al folded himself in two, trying to be less vulnerable to Vox's ruthless attacks.

"V-Vox-x.... s-stop it-t... p-please.." Alastor managed to say in-between his breaths. Vox raised his eyebrow. 'Oh my, I had no idea he was that ticklish,' he thought to himself, while Alastor was rolling on the sand, laughing and kicking his feet. Vox had his eyes locked in on that face. The most gorgeous face of all. Al's eyes were closed as he was laughing so hard. He had also formed little laugh wrinkles. Every single line on that face, Vox wanted to forever keep. He wanted to capture every single second. And the sound of that laughter... it was like some kind of melody. Like a tune so lovely that could hypnotize every listener. Vox felt the need to listen to it every day, all the time.

He felt something rising inside him. His heart was bouncing, and his breath increased its speed. He suddenly wanted to do so much more than just to tickle him. He wanted to cherish him. To show him his absolute love. He stopped tickling him, yet Alastor was still giggling. He lowered his body onto Al, placing his hands on both sides of his thin waist. Al opened his eyes slowly, not knowing what was going on now. ".. Voxy?" Vox was right above him now, their faces almost glued together. Al felt Vox's hot breath on his neck. Vox started pressing his lips intensely wherever he could find, wrapping his arms tightly around him.