Part 5: The broken oath

• ~ •

Vox was still standing there without saying anything, tears flowing off his eyes. He was breathing fast now. Alastor said what? He started sobbing harder and harder. He broke down to his knees. He knew he would soon wake up and lose this beautiful dream, and he couldn't stand the thought. He couldn't bear another false alarm. He just knew he was dreaming.

"Oh, dear! Vox? Are you okay?" Alastor asked, startled. He bent over to check on him. Vox narrowed his eyes to Al. 'But he looks... so real.' He could see the dried tears on his cheeks, his hair that was brushed off his forehead. He could feel his breath on his face. Vox slowly reached out and touched Alastor's neck. It was warm. He then slid his hand steadily down and stopped on his chest. Alastor was standing very still. One half of him worried about Vox's sanity and the other half focusing on enjoying that gentle touch.

Vox laid his hand on Alastor's chest some more. He was feeling his heartbeat, which had increased its speed a lot for some reason. "So you are real," Vox said out loud. Alastor sat down the floor so that they would be on the same level. "...what?," he asked. Vox snapped out of it, and his pupils dilated. 'Alastor loves me'. He gasped and started sobbing louder. His tears were dripping on the floor, and Alastor was watching him without knowing what to do.

'Was that too much? He must be very overwhelmed by all this... dump stuff that I showered him with.' Alastor patted Vox's shoulder and stood up. He sighed in sorrow. Apparently, Vox didn't feel the same. He wanted to leave him alone now. Suddenly, Vox started laughing really loudly. Alastor glanced at his side in disappointment. Now he was... mocking him?

Alastor clenched his fists and clinched his mouth. Vox was now rolling on the floor, laughing. He suddenly turned to Alastor. "I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU TOO AL!," he screamed on the top of his lungs. This phrase echoed throughout the whole house, even bounced across the trees around. One could say the walls trembled. The power of Vox's voice was equal with an earthquake's.

Alastor flinched. "... really?," he asked since Vox's reaction was a bit... unexpected. Vox giggled. "Ooh, and for a long time, too!" he added, still yelling in excitement. Al smiled. And his smile turned to a giggle, which turned to a chuckle, which turned to a laugh, which turned to a wheeze. He ended up on the floor, too. Vox flew himself over him and grabbed him. He hugged him, kissing him all over, wherever he could find.

They had both lost their breath due to all the laughter. They just stood there, like a love burrito, in the middle of that room, breathing heavily. Vox caressed Alastor's forehead, slowly moving his hand all over his face. Alastor giggled again and closed his eyes. Vox closed his arms around him, keeping him close to him, protected. He had never been happier his entire life. He couldn't think of any moment ever to have made him that blissful. "I love you," he whispered while kissing Alastor's palm. Alastor's face turned a deep shade of red, and he opened his eyes to meet Vox's.

He could see shooting stars in his eyes, the whole night sky. Alastor sighed. "So, what now?," he asked hesitantly. "I don't know," admitted Vox. The galaxy in his eyes disappeared. "Perhaps... I can stay," he said, still hugging him. Alastor blinked. He was feeling Vox's chest bounce as he was saying, "I can stay here with you. Opportunities come and go, but... this... this is different." Alastor never once stopped looking at those beautiful eyes. Vox continued. "I don't want to lose this. You, Al. I don't want to lose you," he sat up and held Alastor's hands in his. "Oh, Voxy," Al smiled and rubbed Vox's palms with his thumbs. "You will never lose me, silly. You told me that this is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime chance, no? I don't want you to miss out on that because of me." Vox rolled his eyes. "It would not be because of you. It would be my choice... I could tell them that something came up and I couldn't..." Alastor raised his hand, interrupting him. "Wait a minute there, you still haven't told me about 'them'. Who are these people and... what exactly did they offer you?"