Mother's Appreciation

With initiation done, both physical and paper exams finished, all I had to do now was wait. That was the worst part of the aftermath of exams. Just the pressure of waiting to hear results put me on edge and made me overthink it all. Right now, I was sat down at the edge of the mall roof, overlooking the city. 

???: How are you feeling?

I turn around to see Briar and Lute approaching me, both of them with smiles on their faces. 

Mutasim: I'm a little anxious, to be honest. All this waiting is getting to me. 

Lute: I'm sure you've passed. It may just be taking this long because of all the people who participated. 

Briar: She's right, you know. Think about all the people who attended initiation. 

Mutasim: Yeah, that's not really helping. Just makes me think about all the other possible people that'd get accepted instead of me. 

Briar: Right. I... Didn't think about that. 

Lute: It'll be okay. Briar trained you after all. And she's one of the best sword wielders I've known. 

I let out a low sigh and nod. 

Mutasim: Well, can't really argue with that. 

I stand up and stretch my arms upwards before letting them drop to my sides. 

Mutasim: I'm gonna head back inside. 

Briar: Hungry? 

Mutasim: A little. 

Lute: We know a good dinner place to order from. I would normally suggest going there, but with the CCG targeting you... 

Mutasim: Yeah, I know. But would they really deliver to an abandoned mall?

Briar: No. We can always just put in a special request to meet us elsewhere. It maintains the secret of the Aogiri Tree's whereabouts. 

Mutasim: Alright then. I'll let you ladies decide what to get then. 

Briar: So you'll eat whatever we order for you? 

I nod. 

Briar: Very well. We'll be back shortly. 

The duo, instead of walking back into the mall and downstairs, jumped off the roof and landed safely on the ground with no broken legs. Briar looks up at me with a smile, amused by my shocked expression, before walking away. I shake my head. 

Mutasim: Show off... 

I head back inside the mall and make my way towards Ryouko's room. I've wanted to check on her for awhile. Both her and Hinami. From what Eto told me, they've settled in nicely. Upon entering Ryouko's room, I find myself in front of a... "interesting" sight. 

Ryouko: M-Mutasim?! 

I immediately cover my eyes, my face turning red. 

Mutasim: I-I'm so sorry Ms Fueguchi! I-I just wanted to check on you and Hinami! I-I didn't mean to-

Ryouko: I-It's fine. I was just changing after a shower. I should've locked the door. 

Mutasim: I-I'll leave. 

Ryouko: N-no! Please, stay. We've hardly talked since you began training with Briar. Please, take a seat. And it's okay. You can look. 

Mutasim: I-I'm not sure. 

Ryouko: Believe me. It's fine. 

Taking a deep breath, I lower my hand from my face and look at Ryouko, seeing her smile at me despite her revealing self. I gulp and sit down on the bed. Ryouko sits beside me.