5

Suppose you like a girl. You see her every day, and everything she does makes you feel warm and cosy inside. Suppose this girl is not aware that you feel something for her. She cooks for you, picks you up from school with her fancy car and even buys you chocolate milk when you most need it. Now, this would be too easy if there was no spice to it. Suppose this dream girl is your step-sister. Not only that, assume also that she has never taken a romantic relationship seriously. Instead, she prefers occasional nights of passion and nothing more. Lastly, suppose that regardless of everything mentioned, every time you see her smile or laugh, you want to throw yourself at her and kiss her senseless. When you (accidentally) see her get out of the shower or change in her room, you just want her to push you against a wall and touch you where you crave her the most.

Well, that was essentially the description of Yunjin Manoban's current life.

Weeks had passed since the argument. Chaewon was awkward the first few days, sometimes avoiding Yunjin when they were both home by staying in her room and 'studying' instead. Yunjin wasn't offended by that, she knew Chaewon needed time to herself and could only wait patiently until the older girl became comfortable once again around her. As the days went on, Chaewon started to loosen up a bit and went back to sit right next to Yunjin when they were both watching TV, with Kuma on her lap to keep her hands busy. She would casually lean into her from time to time, but Yunjin didn't want to overthink it.

Weirdly enough, Chaewon also got into the habit of picking her up from school on the days where she had dance practice until late. The first time it happened, Yunjin was with two of her friends, Jungkook and Seulgi, whose jaws dropped at the sight of her step-sister's car. Yunjin had also needed to look twice before confirming that it was indeed Chaewon that was leaning onto the red vehicle waiting for her. She had sunglasses on, but she was easily recognisable.

"Why are you here?"

Yunjin tried her best to ignore her friends' prying eyes burning holes through her head as she spoke to Chaewon, there was no way she could give an explanation for what was happening when she didn't understand it herself.

"Are you not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am, but to what do I owe such visit?"

Chaewon shrugged and took off her sunglasses. "It's late. You shouldn't walk home alone."

Yunjin hadn't pushed it any further at the time. She didn't want to annoy Chaewon with weird questions. It was thoughtful for her to worry about her safety, but she had never done that before. She had never gotten involved into Yunjin's life outside their home.

As weird as it sounded, Yunjin enjoyed being in Chaewon's car. Besides having an extremely fancy interior design that made the red haired feel like she was sitting on gold, the simplicity of being in a close and intimate space with Chaewon was unexplainably pleasant. However, what really kept Yunjin's mind occupied during the journey home was the sight of Chaewon driving – she looked very hot with the relaxed posture and the nonchalant aura.

"Your car is pretty cool."

"Thank you."

"Must have cost you a fortune. Did you like, save up for it?"

"No." Chaewon clenched her jaw just slightly. "It was a given to me on my eighteenth birthday."

In theory, Chaewon should have sounded happy. Yunjin couldn't even imagine receiving such an expensive car as gift, but somehow Chaewon did not show any sign of appreciation.

"Oh. Was it from your mother?"

Chaewon shook her head. Her eyes remained fixed on the road, but her grip on the steering wheel tightened. "My father, actually."