Chapter 22

MARÍA

I was at the airport by 9 a.m.
Claire gave me a ride because John was busy.

The trip to L.A. was going to be long and boring.
I took my seat and pulled out a book from my purse whe a familiar voice said - Hey, partner. You are going to the Gala.-
- Yes. You too?-
- Yes- Bax said seating next to me.
- I thought I was going to be bored, but hopefully, you are a chatter.- he laughed
- You betcha! - he said. - I took some edibles. - he whispered. - Be patient with me if I'm a little slow.- he giggled, so cute it made me crinkle my nose.
- Gummies?- I asked
- Yes. Want some? -
- Sure. I'll take one.-
He handed me the bag with the gummies, and I  took one.

BAX
I think I fucked up eating so many gummies. I feel like I was floating in my seat, and my stomach kept growling.

- man, I'm hungry.- she said, sharing the feeling with me. I was starving.
- Let me check what kinds of snacks I ca get.- I said and went to find a flight attendant.
- Excuse me, ma'am. Do you have any snacks available? - I gave her my best smile, and she blushed.
- Of course Mr. Graham - she said and stuffed my hand with peanuts, cookies, chips, pretzels, etc.

- Did you assaulted the snack cart?- I laughed at her comment.
- Yes...shhhh. Don't say nothing.- she giggled. 

The flight was delightful.
We chat all the way to L.A.
It's so cool that we are both from Houston, Texas.
We promised to visit each other whenever we go back home.

We shared a car drive to the hotel, as well.
The paparazzi got a good bunch of pictures of us arriving at the airport and at the hotel.

We also agreed to walk the red carpet together to start promoting the show like we were asked to do yesterday at the meeting.