Chapter Four: True Sight?

chapter four:
true sight?

PLEASE DONT BE A GHOST READER!!COMMENT AND VOTE

COMMENT AND VOTE

✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸

Scarlett and Max continued their search for Dart through the school, their determination unyielding. Scarlett, ever the daredevil, glided effortlessly on her rollerblades, while Max walked alongside her, holding her skateboard under her arm. The school hallways were eerily quiet, the occasional flicker of fluorescent lights casting long shadows on the walls.

They approached the gym, where Scarlett suddenly slowed to a halt, her instincts tingling. Something wasn't right. The air felt charged, as if electricity was pulsing through it, making the hairs on Scarlett's arms stand on end.

"Come on, let's check the gym," Scarlett suggested, her voice low but firm. There was an underlying tension in her words, a sense of urgency that Max immediately picked up on.

Max nodded in agreement, and without a word, Scarlett tilted her head to the side. The gym doors creaked open as if responding to her silent command, the hinges groaning under the strain. The two girls exchanged a wary glance before stepping inside.

The gym was dimly lit, the vast space swallowed by shadows. The echo of their footsteps—Scarlett's rolling wheels and Max's cautious steps—bounced off the walls, adding to the unease that settled in their chests. The girls moved cautiously, their eyes scanning the room for any sign of Dart.

A faint noise caught Scarlett's attention, pulling her gaze toward the boys' locker room. She stopped, her body tensing as she listened carefully. The sound was muffled, almost like something scurrying in the dark.

Max noticed Scarlett's sudden change in demeanor and glanced at her, concern flashing in her eyes. Scarlett nodded toward the locker room, and without hesitation, they made their way toward the source of the noise. Scarlett's rollerblades glided over the polished floor, while Max followed closely behind, her grip tightening on her skateboard.

The locker room was pitch dark, the lights flickering ominously as they stepped inside. The darkness was thick, almost oppressive, pressing down on them as they moved deeper into the room. Scarlett's frustration bubbled up, her nerves on edge as she kicked aside a stray towel that had been left on the floor.

"Where the fuck is this slug?" she grumbled, her voice tinged with impatience. She began to throw things around, searching every corner and crevice, her agitation growing with each passing second.

Then, without warning, a loud yell shattered the silence, causing both girls to whirl around, their hearts pounding in their chests. Scarlett screamed in surprise, her powers surging uncontrollably as a surge of electricity crackled through the room. The lights flickered violently, casting eerie shadows on the walls.