CHAPTER 16

“R,I'm just curious.I want to ask some questions,will you answer it?”Tanong ni Dhaka.He's maneuvering the car at low speed,not quick or fast.

I glanced at the window and answered him.“Yes,if it's within my knowledge.”

“Bakit kasama mo si Q?”He immediately asked without hesitation.The way he greeted Q earlier,he probably has this question in his mind.

I gulped the lump on my throat.I want to be honest to him as best as I can.I don't know why but I suddenly have the urge to treat him kindly.Like I am warming up on him,not in a romantic manner.Just some kind of brotherly love,or maybe i'm just imagining things.

“I'm living with Q,Dhaka.”I said straightly.

He raised his eyebrows and asked mildly.“When?”

“Yesterday.”

He forced a chuckle when he realized something.“So,it was me who threw you at him.I made a fool of myself.”

“I traveled early to see my apartment and was hoping to talk to the landlord.He must know that I gathered all my things yesterday.I at least want to apologize for the trouble and to tell him that I'm going back again.”I paused.“So,Dhaka,I'm hoping that you won't disturb me again at my personal place because I don't like it.”

I haven't discussed this with Q but I was really planning to go back to my apartment.I don't want to cause trouble to him,and not to cause him any burden.

“Damn,R.I was really looking forward to know you more,that's why I didn't stop lurking around your workplace to invite you myself to dine outside,and i did, yesterday.That bitch,Q.”He hissed under his breath.

I pinned my gaze to the floor.

I want to say sorry.To apologize for what I caused him,but my words are stuck in my mouth.I can't say it,I can't tell him what I feel because it might insult his feelings towards me.

And why does it even bother me that it might insult him?

Ahhh — what am I even doing?

“Q,didn't mean any harm.”Pagtatanggol ko kay Q.“Let's just finish this quickly.”

He gripped the steering wheel tightly upon hearing what I said.

“No,I want to be with you longer.I won't hand you to that damn dog.”He hissed.

Angered flared up on me.Why does he suddenly became possessive?I'm not his from the start.I just agreed to dine with him today because of my kindness to him.I want to be considerate to his feelings, and I don't want to judge him just because he is part of the underground.

“Dhaka,I'm not yours.I'll jump out of your car if you tell me about that again.”

He pinched his lips together when I finished my sentence.After that,he nodded his head like it's against his will to agree with me.

“Good.”I muttered.

“What'd with ‘good’ words?I'm not a dog.”He emphasized it and his eyebrows suddenly creased.

I suddenly felt the urge to raise my eyebrows and I did.“Hindi ako ang nagsabi niyan.Opinion mo yan.”

“You're labeling me with that chihuahua.”Reklamo niya.

Napakagat labi ako dahil muntik na akong matawa sa sinabi niya.Hindi ko ma-imagine si Q sa part na chihuahua.

“If he is a chihuahua,then what are you?”Usisa ko.Curious ako e.

“A lion.The king of the forest because I am the best.”He proudly said.

“That's definitely not a dog.”