CH11: Kisses

"Ok, now repeat it again," Sara demands and I exasperatedly tell her,

"I am not missing out on any details, trust me it went down exactly how I told you."

"Ok, so the first act of your date was a debacle, but then it eventually found its footing, right?" I roll my eyes at her and say

"It's not a Shakespearean play and yes."

"You say that yet all the drama is in your life. Mine is pretty bland." I put my hand over her's.

"I know you're going through a heartbreak, sorry for bombarding you with my problem."

"Oh don't be sorry, Jay and I got back together," she says as a matter of fact.

"What! Yesterday you messaged me that you had a fight at the Pastry House parking lot and today you're back together?" I ask confusingly

"Yes, that's exactly how it is. I am a lonely woman. I'll take my affection from any possible channel. Thank You. Coming back to your love life, woman you should be concerned. A man as attractive as him is kissing you on your forehead. Forehead? I kiss my granny on the forehead." Listening to her I frustratingly shout into the decorative cushion on the couch.

"Was there a follow-up after the date, did he say he enjoyed it or I'm never seeing you again after this, something along these lines?" Sara asks.

"Nothing," I said blankly. "But he's coming to tutor me today," I told her.

"Listen, here's what you have to do. Lean. Grab. Kiss. You lean into him when you feel like the time is right. You grab him by his neck to pull him down to you. You kiss the living daylights out of him."

"I don't think I can," I say quietly.

"You have to," she says loudly. "You're 17 you're very late to have your first kiss as it is."

"I think I'm going to chicken out when the time comes."

"Fine but remember if you won't, someone else surely will."

Neil arrives in the evening with no remnants of what happened yesterday on his face. He starts with science and ends the class with math's. I close my books for the day but he reopens them. Circles certain questions and dog ears a few pages.

"Are you seriously giving me homework?"

"It's for your own good. Your final exams are in three weeks. You need to start pulling all nighters."

"Ok, mom," I say sarcastically.

"You seem down, all good?" he asks.

"Nothing, just thinking about something." He absentmindedly nods to it and scratches his head as if readying himself to say something.

"Gia I don't want to put you in such a situation but your mother hasn't paid me for this month, if you could just remind her."

"Of course. I'm sorry that it slipped from her mind and mine too."

"That happens. Just remind her this time," he says and starts putting his stuff back into his backpack.

"May I ask what you need the money for?"

"To take you out on dates," he says within a second.

"Fine, don't tell me, at least I'll save myself from these un original answers." Looking right in my eye he says

"I'll tell you, I'll tell you everything. Give me some time. Give us some time. We're just starting." I nod to reassure him and my heart.

He walks towards the door and is about to open the door with his hand on the knob when I stop him by putting my hand on his. He looks at me confused and I close my eyes and lean in. I feel his breath fanning the side of my face as it tickles my ear. "I promise you it will be worth the wait." He again kisses my forehead, opens the door and steps out of the house. That night I receive a bouquet of flowers that I smartly hide from my mother and take them inside my room. There is a tag placed in between the flowers that reads, 'In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.' Neil chooses to do this with flowers. Opening my phone I go straight to chat and fire him a message, 'you're no Mr. Darcy but I'll wait till the time your flowers don't wilt'.