Chapter 22

“Freen dear, I want you to move back in with Becky at her condo. You guys made if official on TV, it’d be weird if you were caught living alone in your house and not with Becky. I planned on having Becky move to your house and live with you but I saw the décor and I just couldn’t stand it. So, you need to move out.”

That woman was getting on Freen’s nerves. What more did she want? Yes, through national TV, Becky proposed to her and she accepted. If it was real, and they weren’t faking it, she would have flat out said and embarrassed her on TV (just to take revenge on her).  Shit! Even though she wasn’t looking forward living on her own at the house, but she did not want to live with Becky either. That condo is going to rush back too many memories but who was she to protest? Every paper work has already been taken care of and her dad is overseas right now receiving the care treatment that he needs. By what her mother told her, the treatments are actually working and her dad looked better now than he looked when he was here. After that photo shoot, Freen hasn’t been able to go to school without being harassed by the students at Hester High. Of course, Becky no longer comes to school here since the break up a few months back. Now, she is the one suffering alone. How did she get from being an ordinary girl living in the shadows to being on every TV, billboards, and posters out there? This is one of the biggest jumps to fame ever. The picture where Becky puts the necklace around her neck and leans down to kiss her is plastered on every billboard here in Austin promoting the diamond necklace. Freen still can’t get used to her newfound fame and she doesn’t know if it is welcome because she is starting to miss her old life.

And now, in her bedroom as she is packing up her bags to move to Becky’s condo; Billy was breathing down her neck on how he is pissed that she is faking it again with Becky.

“Freen, you should have come to me!” Billy was fuming. How come his own girlfriend can’t come to him when she has a problem? What is he here for? The first time he learned that Freen was actually faking it with Becky, he was pissed but he quickly saw it as a chance to make her his and his alone. But now, faking it again just to be able to send her dad overseas for medical treatments? He could have done that. He could have done that for her.

Freen didn’t understand why Billy was getting that pissed, “Billy, it was a last minute decision and I wasn’t even going to do it.”

“Then why did you accept her proposal?” Billy yells, “Why did you decided to fake it again? That family has done nothing but humiliate you.”

“When the paramedics took my dad to the hospital, I just wasn’t thinking. All I kept thinking about was my dad and Becky’s mom offer. And I called Becky on impulse.” Freen was packing her bag to move again into Becky’s condo. Yes, she was going back there because Mrs. Armstrong was waiting downstairs along with Becky. “I don’t know Billy, it just kind of happened.”

Billy walks to her bag and takes out her packed clothes back to her closet, “What am I to you?”

“You are my boyfriend Billy.” Freen rolls her eyes. It really wasn’t that big of a deal according to her. Freen walks back to her closet and packs back the clothes that she had already packed earlier but was already returned to the closet by Billy.

“Yes exactly and Becky is your ex. Why do I feel like you are picking her over me?” Billy says, “Freen, I could have done all of this for you.”

“Billy, I just didn’t want to bother you with all of my mess.” Freen packs her few clothes. Truth is, she just didn’t feel comfortable asking Billy for anything. She likes the guy and yes they are together but, it just wasn’t quite there. It just wasn’t and each time she thinks about it, she never could fully feel comfortable around Billy or his parents. Sure, she had met the folks a few times and they treat her extremely well – too well, if you ask her.